Home

Changing ATST Guns to Gambit's Kinetic Cards

Lord Tnuc

Would it be possible to perhaps change the sp sound effects of the ATST Side cannons, and also change the effects to make them more like what would be seen from Gambit(if you dont know who this is, pick up an x-men comic) if he threw a card? I'm curious, because I saw a Gambit skin...and I'm such a big fan of the guy I had to use it..even though there's some uh..off..parts on it. I noticed that the closest thing to his power is the atst side cannons...the normal cannon..shoots asmall yellow "glow?" which has a small splash...which is perfect for a small kinetic card...and secondary fire would be somewhat like a card that was charged more..having an actual explosion...

Anyone think they can help me out on this? (Yes, I know I'm such a comic geek.)

:cool: You can change any of the 'visual' effects for any of the weapons for SP or MP, so it doesn't have to be the ATST guns, you could just as easilt replace the Rocket Launcher with 'Charged Cards'.

As far as I know there is no sticky or tutorial, you've got to edit the .EFX files in the effects folder. All I can reccomend is switching around some of the files for fun. Try the Shuriken mod for example, by default it works as a Byar replacement but I've made it work for the Blaster Rifle (Throwing knives to fake bullets) and Bolt Caster (Darts to fake arrows).

After that all you have to do is replace the sound files.

:cool: Just move around the .EFX files at frist.. you'll see a lot of them are called the same (ie wallimpact.efx, fleashimpact.efx)

As for editing them I use notepad and a lot of guesswork. The only thing I've really changes paths, like for models.

Archived