Home

Help With Gmax

Young Jedi King

Ok here is the deal I want to create a static model or prefab for a JK2 map using Gmax and I’m not sure what I need to do this in order to be able to put it into the map through JK2 radiant. Now I know that you can’t create a usable player model using Gmax because you can’t export it to a certain file. Does a static model fall along the same lines as a player model or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If this is off topic sorry. I looked at the form rules and it said that Topics must address modeling in some way so if I miss took that you can move it.

The Tempest game pack for Gmax is essentially intended to allow Gmax users to create maps for the Quake III engine. The Tempest pack contains a few plug-ins, one of which allows you to play around with .md3 models, which essentially most map objects are. You can also find the plug-in at other places, like at the link in the above post. Just create your model in Gmax, UVW map it, and export it as an .md3 to use it.

Originally posted by Scarecrow_ES

The Tempest game pack for Gmax is essentially intended to allow Gmax users to create maps for the Quake III engine. The Tempest pack contains a few plug-ins, one of which allows you to play around with .md3 models, which essentially most map objects are. You can also find the plug-in at other places, like at the link in the above post. Just create your model in Gmax, UVW map it, and export it as an .md3 to use it.

Yeah, but he mapmodels are quite picky when it comes to assigning the textures during the compile.

Ya I can see that Kman I still can't get them to work right. Now if only some one can explain how this dang blasted texture thing works and how I get it to work I would be in good shape. Thanks TheWhiteRaider for the link. I new about the tempest plug in but after doing some reading I found out you needed Quake 3 which I don't have to create MD3 files so that Is why I posted to see if there was another plug in or a whole other way to do it. Thanks guys for the help.

Archived