Home

i think they should make a Yuuzhan Vong CIV

angbandadmin

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A friend and I have thought of this. I don't know what their strengths could be. But instead of jedi/sith they could have priests or something, and have awesome medics.

My friend thought of a u-u. The yammosk. It could be like the fambaa shield, but it's radius increases the attack of the units. Or it could alter the speed of units slightly.

Of course, many people are not familiar with the NJO, or do not like it.

No, the vong would not be sweet. Not only are they too EU for even LA, the whole NJO storyline is completely messed up. Also, they never interacted much with any of the civs currently in the game (which is the main reason ES didnt include the Incas in AoC). Finally, they are just too radical to fit into the current game.

i think it would be purely fun as an unlocked civ, like if you beat all the game in a certain time, or as a cheat.

and who knows, maybe the vong interacted when the sith were around hundreds of years before episode 2.

who is to say!.

they would be bad ass though! with gravity well sheilds, and coral skippers.

There is no way they'd add in a civ that makes no appearance whatsoever in the movies. It would just be stupid. Most people in the world have not experienced the EU (how I envy them) and if you alienate the majority of the market you are not going to sell well.

Sure some Star Wars fans would like it. But other Star Wars fans like me would hate it. So there is no way it would happen.

Originally posted by Admiral Vostok

There is no way they'd add in a civ that makes no appearance whatsoever in the movies. It would just be stupid. Most people in the world have not experienced the EU (how I envy them) and if you alienate the majority of the market you are not going to sell well.

Sure some Star Wars fans would like it. But other Star Wars fans like me would hate it. So there is no way it would happen.

Maybe they never experienced EU but they might want to experience EU after they see cool alien creatures. If any game needed to be based on a movie, there isn't a lot of games that would get sold.

But, do you hate EU or had a very bad experience with it?

I personally find the NJO books too deviant and too boring to even read as entertainment.

Most people know Star Wars via the movies, so if they see recoginzable units, they are more likely to buy the game. Look at the box art. I see TIE's, AT AT's, stormtroopers, and a big head of Vader: the most memorable parts of Star Wars. Look at CC's cover, you got clones, AT TE's, and gunships, yet again the most memorable units.

Originally posted by Sithmaster_821

I personally find the NJO books too deviant and too boring to even read as entertainment.

Most people know Star Wars via the movies, so if they see recoginzable units, they are more likely to buy the game. Look at the box art. I see TIE's, AT AT's, stormtroopers, and a big head of Vader: the most memorable parts of Star Wars. Look at CC's cover, you got clones, AT TE's, and gunships, yet again the most memorable units.

Yeah but we don't need the Yuuzhan Vong to have their ugly faces on the box.

Archived