Home

foiled fletching

laghima

does anyone know of a way to scale the damage radius of explosive weapons and increase projectile velocity(thermal only) without codeing? the models/efx/sound files are finished and the animations line up supriseingly well (around frame 70ish i think) so it should be ready to release once the damage radius is reduced.

ps; the set only includes a basic short bow at the moment, but i intend to add at least 2 more, so i'm open to suggestions.

ok, so i switched them to fire arrows... the effect doesn't really make much sense though(i can't set an effect trigger for the projectile itself, so they're more like explosive arrows), but it's all i can do without the codeing tools...

if anyone is interested in beta testing or has a specific bow requests post bellow.

:cool: This is replacing... what? Blaster rifle? RPG? Tinkering with your shuriken mod I managed to get the darts to stay 'stuck in the wall' with both fire modes. Currently it has a (visual/audio no damage) explostion with each bounce but that's more for a psycological effect.

As for damage or velocity I'd think you'd need coding. You can mess with the fire rates in the weapons.dat file.

hey, glad to see some response :). this replaces the thermals _w=bow, _proj=arrow, _pu= quiver. of course it's easy to copy and rename the shuriken efx, but the physics are entirely wrong for a bow (the second fire only had the explosive barrage because it looked interesting at the time, though i'm still not quite sure why i added the french taunt ^_^ ). admittedly, the thermals aren't ideal, but they seem to be the closest option. extraneous efx can fix the damage radius (fire, holy, poison, etc...) and the range is reasonable for short bows.

ps: ...why would the arrows bounce?

:cool: Ahhh... Ok I get it... you wanted a realistic bow.. where it would fly in an arc and the longer you 'pull on the bow' the farther it would fly.

As for the 'bouncing exploding arrows' I just wanted a psycological effect, I wasn't adding the effect for realism. Getting 10 small explosions set off around someone usualy causes them to panic out of camping spots... (ie you alt-fire 3 arrows and they bouce 3-4 times).

wudan: ok, that makes sense. i tried altering the ext data files... it dosen't seem to do anything (it's probably only a cull range value)

covax: right :D. interesting approach with the bounce explosions, i have a similar effect on the fire arrows. the impact explosion spawns a series of random smaller fires when it strikes a wall.

i'm still tweeking the models, but i've finished a short bow with fire arrows and link's bow with light arrows (~400k each). if you can get over the short range and scarce ammo it's not all that bad. anyone want to beta test them?

Archived