Home

Patches 1.03/1.04

SpaceMonkey1315

I havent played jedi knight for a while...i havent played the game seriously for at least 4 months with all the other new games ive gotten.

However, i started reading these forums again, and i saw how mad people were with .03 and .04...what did they do to kill the game so bad. I downloaded all necessary patches, and i got everything set, but i honestly didnt notice much of a difference. It may have been that i forgot how the game was in the first place, but please, tell me what to look out for...cant have old strategys screwing up in a new game now can we...please help

-SpaceMonkey §ß

Are the bugs in the game all that is pissing these people off?...i saw the "possibiblties of a expansion pack" thread, and they seem really really angry...if bugs were the only problems, why would they reject a 1.05...it would more than likely fix any bugs, there has to be something horribibly wrong

-Space Monkey §ß

i have no idea honestly. but B4 1.04 came out, some of the things i read about it made me not want to get it. but then mods and models were made to work with 1.04 so i had to upgrade eventually. and most of the bugs were in SP and i don't play SP at all. so i didn't notice much of a change.

The problems with 1.04 in short:

* Uber-blocking --> try hitting a guy who is standing in a corner doing nothing. Without special moves, you won't be doing much damage even though he is AFK. There is simply way too much blocking and it is a) automatic b) random.

* saber damage nerfed --> sabers used to be deadly. Now you have to get past the blocking and hit the opponent 10 times before they go down. Combined with the insane amount of powerups that are littered all over the maps, this means pretty boring gameplay.

* kicks --> kicks have become just about the most powerful move in the game. You block all attacks while you kick, but the kick can't be blocked. Result? --> Kick or get kicked. (sadly, many players use kick-scripts to make things worse)

* In order to have a decent 1.04 fight you need to up saber damage and nerf blocking. Most servers, however, are using the default settings.

Uh, got to go..so I'll just say this: Get Promod! Now! ;)

Ps. 1.03 was hell. 1.03 was a discrace. I do not wish to talk about it. :(

I agree with everything you just said except kick scripts.

I tried a manner of scripts once ( not to use but just out of curiosity ) and found all of them to be slower than my natural skill.. kick script by far being the worst.

Only script that's better than natural skill would *maybe* be the saber lock script..

I don't look at scripters as a threat anymore, i know that their scripits are slower than me so they're simply an easy kill.

Originally posted by SpaceMonkey1315

I havent played jedi knight for a while...i havent played the game seriously for at least 4 months with all the other new games ive gotten.

However, i started reading these forums again, and i saw how mad people were with .03 and .04...what did they do to kill the game so bad. I downloaded all necessary patches, and i got everything set, but i honestly didnt notice much of a difference. It may have been that i forgot how the game was in the first place, but please, tell me what to look out for...cant have old strategys screwing up in a new game now can we...please help

-SpaceMonkey §ß

Though I never posted anything about 1.04, if you want to read why 1.03 really blew, go read my strat guide:

http://www.oculis.org/asc

Look under the strategy guide section.

wow, that really does sound like crap...but ive realized, Raven screwed the game up in the first place because they made single and multiplayer different...i personally believe that if they made it a more similar code, they could keep updating to a good amount...

and your right...luc solar, about the uber blocking...that really is trash, but i guess it explains why so many servers are saber-only now. i guess after a while, the blaster is completly useless in multiplayer if all you have to do is look, and everythings blocked

i guess ill just have to keep some sort of faith in raven...as much as i would like to play this game online so much more, i miss the old saber combat...i think a smaller blocking % would be much better, especially if your fighting with more than one person at a time...oh well, i guess ill try to find the Promod ...thanks guys

-Space Monkey §ßb- :ewok:

Archived