Home

My review of the mod:

Master Toddy

I've played through the secret base level twice already (and had a friend over who is a Dark Forces fan and showed it to him), and I must say that you guys have done an awsome job on this mod. This is one of the most perfect recreations of a video game level I have played in while. Everything is as I remembered it: secrets, enemies, etc. AI is much better, thanks to the JKII engine, which means that enemies are actually a challenge (can't wait to fight the Dark Troopers later on in the full mod - please release the SP SDK Raven!). I loved every bit of the level, from the opening cutscene (though I miss the orchestrated star wars theme, the synth sounds better than I thought it would). My only complaint is that the fists seem to punch a little too fast, and it's missing the opening credits with the main theme after the intro cutscene. Other than that, I loved it and I can't wait for the full mod. Side question: do extra lives really do anything or are they there just for the secrets?

Originally posted by Master Toddy

I've played through the secret base level twice already (and had a friend over who is a Dark Forces fan and showed it to him), and I must say that you guys have done an awsome job on this mod. This is one of the most perfect recreations of a video game level I have played in while. Everything is as I remembered it: secrets, enemies, etc. AI is much better, thanks to the JKII engine, which means that enemies are actually a challenge (can't wait to fight the Dark Troopers later on in the full mod - please release the SP SDK Raven!). I loved every bit of the level, from the opening cutscene (though I miss the orchestrated star wars theme, the synth sounds better than I thought it would). My only complaint is that the fists seem to punch a little too fast, and it's missing the opening credits with the main theme after the intro cutscene. Other than that, I loved it and I can't wait for the full mod. Side question: do extra lives really do anything or are they there just for the secrets?

We chose not to do credits in the beginning, but at the end ala JO instead.

The extra life is like bacta for the demo. We will make it something more useful for the full version since we will be using the Wired Lamp COOP source code as our base and have more freedom to change things with that.

thanks!

Cool, I can't wait for the full version. Ya know, Raven just released the SP Source Code for EF because a mod group went to them about it. Maybe if we get a bunch of mods for JK (like TPM, DF, JK, AotC, etc.) to release the SP SDK for JKII they will. Think of how much better this mod could be with the SDK.......

So you guys are trying to use the co-op mod? How will that work? Are you just trying to use the co-op mod for a good SP game or are you trying to use it as a real co-op mod? If you do, I'd suggest putting in more enemies and items for multiplayer, since I don't think there's enough enemies for a co-op game. Anywho, great work on the mod.

Archived