Home

Any RPG fans out there??

Guest Obi-wan Shinobi

Guest Fenix

Final Fantasy VIII sucked because the magic system was gay and I mainly depended on those damn Guardian Forces in every moderate-big battle. They took WAY too long to cast. I also hated how you can bind magic to your stats because it made me never want to cast it!! I hope Final Fantasy IX does not follow the same pattern.

------------------

fenix.jpg

"I am the light that cuts through the darkness."

-Fenix, wielder of the Spirit Blade

Guest TK-422

FF9 will go back to the standard magic system..ala a mix between ff1-6. none of this retarded junctioning stuff. I hated the ff8 magic system, and ff7 materia was alright, but the damn best magic had to be ff6(3) or ff4(2)

Guest Obi-wan Shinobi

I was very disappointed that IV was left off of the Anthology.

VI and VII were awesome, but like most of you I thought VIII was a huge let down. I did not care about any of the characters. I thought Squall was just a poor man's Cloud. Edia was L-A-M-E. The Junction system was even LAMER. Still 7 out of the 8 kicking arse is still a good precentage.

------------------

Obi-wan Shinobi is the un-council's official Beer Baron.

Guest Dark Helmet

Dragon Warrior, old school nes.

------------------

Say goodbye to your two best friends, I don't mean your pals in the winnebago.

rasberry.gif

Guest Barnabas Antilies

I haveplayed both vandal hearts, they were awsome but Still liked ff tactics better. I think front mission three will be my next rpg/tactics game. I hope they have a ff tactics 2. I was number three on all time replayable psx games.

------------------

raist6.jpg

Father Barnabas Antilies, Supreme Chancelor

Guest ShadeShifter

Which FF 2 (U.S. or Japanese).

On the U.S FF2 I made it to the moon, but I couldn't get past the behemoths. I quit playing because I didn't want to go back and earn more exp.

In the Japanese FF2, I only played the beginning. I got tired of trying to build up my characters.

------------------

newsig.jpg

Guest ForeShadow

I hope Square doesn't revert back to their better ways of better days. As Final Fantasy saved Square, it'd be cool to watch a FF game, games such as 8, destroy Square. Just for the laughs. If they DO revert back to their traditional plot workings and magic systems and all of that, they may be saved, but where's the fun in that? If they DO make that multiplayer RPG FF10... then perhaps I'll begin to LIKE them more, but... if they disappoint me with another dumb acid trip into time, I'm gonna watch them crumble. Either way, I feel like I'll win. Good game: I'll win... I pay to play it. Bad game: I win, my dreams come true and market sales DESTROY Square! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

...oooooh...

...how I wish...

...that were true...

...but Square has sooo much money...

...they could produce loads of sh*t the rest of their lives and still have money to make crap out more...

[- FORESHADOW -]

Guest Shinigami

i dont see the problem with the junction system, except drawing, that just became annoying. besides drawing, it worked a helluva lot better than the materia system, which sucked cuz every magic materia you put in dropped your hp and strength. despite all this i agree that ff6(ff3 us) had the best magic system. ff4's(ff2 us) was to spontaneous. i also am glad that ff9 is gonna be back to the roots of final fantasy.

------------------

12.gif Duo Maxwell: the UNcouncil's Authority on Animé

"Mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in... next to soccer"

Guest Darth Trunks

FF9 is going to return to the old school final fantasys. its gonna either be the best ff on rebular play, or it will be close to it. it is coming out on playstation, not 2. this is great for everybody because now we don't have to spend like 400 dollars on 2. i can't wait till it comes out, i won't be playing JPB, cause it will be mad old, and i won't be on this board, thats for sure. and Lufia 2 was a great game, but lufia 1 wasn't good at all

------------------

DarthTrunks13.jpg

Darth Trunks, Dark Lord of The Sith Order

"I Sniff Glue, we will never have a downfall!"

Archived