Home

A few suggestions for the next version of MP JK...

Acer Palmatum

< thinking constructive > :D

These suggestions may be gleaned from a couple of the current mods, and should in my mind be part of the unmodded game. :) Mind you that all of these are opinions, and that I am posting them as suggestions to Raven for the next version of the game, not as a list of arguable points that I cannot budge upon.

1) Please make the movement speeds in real life scale. I will race anyone 100 yards, me running and them rolling, and we will see who actually would go faster. ;) Rolling shouldn't be faster than (no force) running.

1.5) Likewise, jumping while force speed running should not be faster than force speed running with your feet touching the ground on every step. How can you go faster with no propulsion?

2) The saber should cause more damage in ALL stances. How many times do characters in the movies actually get hit by a light saber before they die? 2 or 3 maybe. A single heavy blow that hits the head or torso should kill.

3) Red stance should do some knocking down and disarming.

4) Kicking should not knock people down so easily. There are too many people, myself included, kicking constantly to get their opponent helplessly laying on the ground. This is about Jedi and the Force, not Bruce Lee. ;)

5) Please include some more taunts/emotes in the un-modded game.

6) Damaging your teammates should be the standard, not the exception. Not only would it be more realistic, it would promote better swordsmanship, and less kick/DFA, lightning, drain and push/pull spamming.

7) Saber lock 'victory' should be determined some other way (which I don't know) than getting carpal tunnel syndrome in my attack finger. :)

8) There should be a way to sneak (no footstep noises) other than crouching. Maybe a force power? I don't know...

9) It would be cool if Jedi could 'sense' the presence of an enemy. Not necessarily the location, but maybe the distance by strength of the 'signal'.

10 Light sabers should block way more projectile weapon shots, even on the lowest saber defense settings. In view of the Battle of Geonosis footage in SW EPII, even some of the padawan seem to take out 20+ battle droids with deflected shots while not getting hit once. Take Obi Wan and the battle and destroyer droids in SW EPI as another example. Projectile weapons should be almost useless against a light saber weilded by anyone that can face a bobbing, weaving and shooting little globe while blinded. :)

There's probably a few more, but this is all I can think of at the moment.

Again, I am not trying to argue or be pushy. I just wanted to add my $.02 since the forum admins saw fit to provide me with a soap box. ;)

Thanks for your consideration,

• 2 weeks later...

i think they should put more models in the game, more levels, more game types, more force powers, and in the movie luke and vader/anakin got there hands cut of and they lived, so why can't u in jedi outcast, if the saber hits your arm it should get cut off and the game should randomly choose if should live or not depending on the hit and the ammount of health u have, but if the saber hits your torso or head u should die, i also think they should add some more weapons and sabers like dooku's with his bent saber handle and maybe different colors.

• 1 month later...

Some of those ideas are good!

Kick is realy lame i think get rid of it!

Or only use kick if you are in a situation where the only way for saftty kick is like with that yellow sword swife! YOu can kick opponent away to save your ass!

Well enyway Kick should get better somehow!

Is it true that there are no new updates coming ???

Cleric En_Vec

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm...I think, if they made a completely new game, it should be a game, where you where a padawan, and then slowly learnt the ways of the force. It should also have better graphics and it should last longer. I completed the single in about a week...Some maybe think that it's long time, but I think 400 dkr. (Approx. 55 €) is much for such quick excitement! There's the multiplayer though! Don't get me wrong. I think it's a great game!

Most of these only worry new players. If you played the game enough you would realize all the issues are addressed. Allow me to go thru them. But this is in 1.02 version, the totally unpatched installed version they are addressed.

1-Rolling is faster for one reason, a game play reason, someone using force speed can be chased effectively with roll. Thats why roll is fast, so you have the possibility to chase someone using force speed if you, either have no force power left or dont have force speed. If roll wasnt fast force speed would be near invincible unless of course you had force speed too. Then we would see EVERYONE running around at super speed, ugh. Roll is also a excellent maneuver to get close to your opponent an confuse them, if roll was slower it would be totally ineffective as a tatical move.

2- Red does 100 dmg an you want MORE dmg? Perhaps you dont realize there is an aiming mechanic? If you get a head strike you get 100 Percent DMG, torso strike 70 percent, legs arms strike 50, hands 30."A single heavy blow that hits the head or torso should kill." A single head blow does kill as long as they dont have any shielding. The ones in the movies were just better at it than you are.)

3-Red saber swing can cause a blocking stunn effect, but it doesnt happen often cause few actually try to block red swings, ).

It doesnt disarm or knockdown, but it prevents you from swinging or using a force power for a few seconds.

4-You want kick to get nerfed but you want saber swing to knockdown? Kick knockdowns can actually be adjusted by the server settings, so server admins can adjust the probability of knockdowns for kick on the fly if they so desired. Kick is easily avoidable nerfing it doesnt seem like a needed thing, unless your a new player still.

8- Ever heard of jedi mind trick? You turn invisible, depending on the level you have in that peticular force power, to some players for a certain period of time.

9-Jedi sight at maxium power allows you see all players in the room thru walls.

10- If you have your saber defense at maximum you can stand infront of someone with a blaster an deflect EVERY shot back at them, BUT you have to keep them in your targeting sights and NOT be swinging your saber at all. If they get to the side of you some can slip thru an hit you. Same goes for most all energy blasters an auto gun turrets.

If they keep firing they will quickly die from the deflected shots an you get the kill for killing them.

Originally posted by SnakeEyes

10- If you have your saber defense at maximum you can stand infront of someone with a blaster an deflect EVERY shot back at them, BUT you have to keep them in your targeting sights and NOT be swinging your saber at all. If they get to the side of you some can slip thru an hit you. Same goes for most all energy blasters an auto gun turrets.

If they keep firing they will quickly die from the deflected shots an you get the kill for killing them.

If you're lucky enough, you can hit the shot, while swinging your saber. I've done this many times!

Archived