Home

pertaining to this post i made in general discussion

Lord Helmet

Acknowledging that we are a neutral PA, and that we in theory would be offensive to no one (except those who don't like neutrals aka people who should elave us alone), I still believe we should have protection assuming that a PA or people can attack a group being neutral. Therefore I say we should hire another PA (assuming there is one that gets hired for fghting and protection aka a bodyguard) since I think we will make a reasonable amount of money...) That or we could have a seperate branch of The Associates that deals with threats and or PA attacks. With thestanding of our PA I do not think we are primarily military based. If anyone would agree or further my idea in any..Feel free to do so.

PS: omg i actually did a serious post :)

PS: omg i actually did a serious post :)

Congratulations, I knew you had it in you. :D

At first I would think that Set and a few others would take care of security around our city, she seemed very interested in doing that. Kinda like a sheriff.

If time shows that more must be done, then we can always upgrade the sheriff to a larger body of protection, giving extra men and equipment. You can even hire NPC's to guard the place while you are away.

My 2 cents. And I'm tired and just rambling. :( Is it 1000 yet? :D

12 away Jan =) and as for security, if it really becomes a problem I guess we could hire others, but Set wanted to do security and I plan on being combat oriented myself, so that's two, and then Thew wanted to be a bounty hunter last i checked, so he will combat also. after all, he'll have to do something before he is able to be a BH. so that's three, we'll have turrets, and we can hire NPCs....I think we'll be good for a while.

hmm... setsuko and you and thew...well sure that would be enough to dissway individuals from attacking our humble grounds...but if worst comes to worst and somehow we become involved ina PA war..i tihnk we'll need some extra muscle..thats all im saying.

for instance we could have a military based (neutral) based branch of the associates..and does exactly what im saying we should do and hire other PA's (if that's possible for potential protection when the time comes.)

That way the branch could make money off of protecting other mainly non-militray based PA's like our own or even just be some extra muscle almost like group of mercenaries it would also be protection in our time of need if that ever comes.

hmm....that really isn't too bad of an idea. now, I'm not entirely sure if that will end up happening or anything, but it is rather intriguing. rather "seven samurai"-ish if you will. It would be a good way of splitting leadership with wraith....giving him more trade centered and me more combat centered, particularly since he plans on going smuggler style. hmmm....a good idea, quite good indeed.......

I wouldnt be too concerned about another PA attacking us since you have to enter into a PA war and both sides have to agree on it. We have lots of combat oriented people I believe, I will be a combat medic and my son is playing a Ranger. I'm sure we will be able to hold our own ;)

We could protect ourselves by having something like a militia. All or most of the PA could invest a few points into a combat skill, probably blaster use or something. I'm think most of us are planning to do this already. That way if we do get in a war we can defend ourselves. What about the Massassi (sp?) too? Does anyone know if they're planning on having a lot of combat players?

Have they decided whether or not they are joining for sure? It would be nice to start interacting more with them if they are seriously joining. I think we have a great group of people so far and it would benefit us all to get to know one another more before the game kicks off.

I was just thinking that we could make our own little "branch" of the associates. On that outside we're just a normal neutral PA that helps each oth er out. some people may try to take advantage on us. But what they don't know, is that we have an underground part that no one knows about where we do have kinda a small army of military purpose for protection of course ;) .

That or we could hire some mercanaries like a PA who have beomce very organized at fighting (kinda like we could do if we had a seperate branch of teh PA as I was saying). I'm sure there are going to PA's who just protect other one's during a crises for a price of course.

I'm gonna make a poll for who wants to have our own little army or hire another OR just hope the massassi's, if they combine with us have their own substantial men who can hold their own, ok?

I donn't know to much about them but I think they're from JK2.

JKII:JO, DFII:JK, DF, you name it. :D

The Massassi site was one of the first sites I visited about map making for Jedi Knight when I first came online. They have a pretty good knowledge base for making maps, skins, cogs, etc. for all the LucasArts Star Wars FPS'.

Check it out: Massassi Temple

Heyas guys for those that haven't read my joining post I recently joined and though I'd add my bits to the conversation.

Being a neutral PA and what not security isn't as imperative as is for say the Empire or Rebel Alliance. No one will know us to begin with. However, we would begin to attract attention when our name gets thrown around, and our resources grow. When we have the resources to do it we should higher outside resources to protect us, but to begin with we should keep it simple and build ourselves up relying on our combat type people (as myself) to protect us. Never the less to start off with we should worry more about out getting everything up and running while the in house combatants protect the non-combatants.

We should refrain from letting outsiders into our operation (i.e. higher protection). It's bad business to let someone elses PA know your workings even if you are paying them for security. If we keep it simple to begin with everything else will fall into place.

Just some thoughts...Don't really know how serious a war could be, but if it could devastate our operations in anyway we should try to avoid it rather then expose/waste our resources fighting it off.

Another PA can only hurt us if we consent to it. There is no need for real protection unless you are looking at it from a RP perspective. The PA/Guild leader must consent to a PA/Guild war. That means no one can attack us unless we knowingly engage in a Pa/Guild war which I doubt will happen until we have the forces built up to defend ourselves.

Archived