Home

Creating regular JK2 Server

.Templar.

I've got several mods dled for JK2 such as jedi plus, jedi mod, omni mod, admin mod, a whole bunch of them, and i want to start a REGULAR JK2 server, but when i start jk2 even without loading any mods and i create a game, it is in omni mod, is there a way i can disable all mods before starting the game, or a console command to load regular jk2?

I can already load the mods, that is not what I want to do, I want to create a REGULAR Jedi Knight 2 game, jk2:jo1.04, and there is no way to load regular jk2, whenever i start jedi knight 2 via clicking on multiplayer after cd autoruns, it is in omnibot mode, i dont want omnibot, i dont want to load other mods, i want to play regular jedi knight 2

Like teleguy said, DONT, NEVER, put mods in the base folder. Place them each in seperate folders in the Gamesdata directory, with a description.txt containing the mods name inside along with the various pk3 files etc.

Everything inside the base folder loads EVERY time you run jk2. That is fine with models, maps, etc as you want them to run each time and they dont interfere with each other. However, by placing the mods together in the base folder, you game lauches them too everytime it loads, which is why you are in omnimod all the time. Another bad thing is that the mods may interfere with eachother and how the game runs, so by including them in the 1 folder will increase the chances of you game having errors and crashing.

So, remove the mods from the base folder, and you will run basejk game each time it loads. If you want to load a mod, select it from the setup menu(assuming you have included the description.txt in your mod folders).

Thanks alot, when I looked through my base folder the first time I was only looking for folders, not actual .pk3's, because Ive got about 60 files In there (im lazy like that) but I just went through it again and found 4 different mod .pk3s in it.. and that was the problem, thanks.

Archived