Home

Why I stopped playing

Solo4114

The Anchorhead Saga map / gametype is a little too taxing on my FPS. The right idea is there; it just seems a little glitchy.

I liked the Assault gametype in UT; so hopefully this can be executed the same for JK2 in the Saga gametype.

The objectives needs to be listed on a datapad; since there's no way of bringing them up manually. Maybe an arrow pointing to where the objectives are, like GTA style, may be interesting.

Now THAT I could get into!! THIS is the kind of gameplay I'm looking for. Objective-based gameplay. You know you guys might want to go check out places like http://www.planetwolfenstein.com for people used to making maps that have objectives built into 'em. I don't know if the saga code is the same as RTCW's, but since they're both Q3 engine games, it might not be a bad idea to talk to some mappers there. I'm sure there's some crossover in the community too.

Actually, that gives me an idea. We don't have specific classes in ProMod, but someone could create some prefab powers profiles so that people could rapidly choose to play as a given "class". This way you could have some more "Pure" classes. I think I'll give this a try. I'll try making a few Jedi, focused around offensive and defensive roles. I'll start with light side and then make some dark side ones and maybe post 'em in here (or in another thread) for folks to review and comment on.

Well, all the team class stuff would have to be done as the seperate mod. The Saga 2.0 project is to create a code standard so that any Saga 2.0/1.0 map will work with any Saga 2.0 compatible mod. Any force power/ class manipulation would have to be handled by the mods themselves.

Oh, I don't mean in terms of forcing people to play with the classes, I mean having a set of prefabricated force layouts that people could opt to load. Like what the game ships with currently. You know, the stuff like "healer" "knight" etc. I'd just be adding in classes for ProMod's gun proficiencies. The thing is, though, how would you divide the classes. With the endless variations that you can play as, what "classes" would people really want, I wonder.

That templete of saving Force Powers configs is already in the game. As for gun skills, that would have to be implimented in some mod. I'm doing it for my own mod but I don't think that Saga 2.0 will involve that sort of stuff. We're going to try to keep it as focused as possible to get it to be the Saga standard for maps.

yes, you'll definately be able to do everything in jkRadiant. How else would you make the map? :D

All the changes we're planning will probably just result in some addition entity information that you can add to your current maps. Everything is going to be code based for the Saga 2.0 stuff (except maybe some new UI art for new options/menus).

Archived