Home

the JK2 skelton: help please....

skater_craigd

ok, basically, iam using Gmax to make a model, but to make sure its the rite scale....

so iwas wondering if tehres was something you could download like a pluggin for Gmax to beable to import the skelton into Gmax....but iknow you can do it with 3d max,, but icant because idont have it :(

if anyone could give me some advice or things icould do? please feel free to do so,

thank you yours faithfully Craig

Sevled's Lair

I think you will need 3ds max in order to import the XSI files. The plugin raven released in it's editing tools was for 3ds max, if it doesn't work with gmax, which I doubt it does, then there's no way.

The milkshape glm importer will not import LODs, or bones, so you can forget about it.

ok thank you anyway, just id like to actually do the dirty bit my self such as weighing the model etc.....but as icant import a pluggin or anything to Gmax guees ishant be doing that,

if i had a spare god knows how much id purchase 3d max but idont and i have a feeling no-one will do the work for me either once the model is finished,

oh well yours faithfull Craig

Sevled's Lair

They would really need to be interested in the model. Plus you need to know a little bit about the animation in order to be abe to say the model is finished. Sometimes the mesh will need to be modified in order to animate properly in JKII, and it can end up being a lot of work getting a segmented and capped model into the game and working properly. I'd go by all the means to get max 4.2 if you are thinking about modelling. But it definitely isn't worth paying 3k for just for creating player models for your games.

Archived