Home

JK2 wont update servers now.

Awetopsy

sorry to post this here if its the wrong forum, but something weird is going on with my JK2....

When I got home from work today, I rebooted my machine, and my Antiviral Toolkit pro told me that my licence had run out... I dont know if this is related but it told me that no more downloading updates would be possible.

anyways I thought Oh well gotta get a new Virus scanner I guess, and decided to start playing JK2. So when I went into JK2 multiplayer I went to "join a game" and while in the servers menu I accidentally pressed the "view empty" so that it now said no. so I clicked it back to yes and when I tried to update servers, nothing happened. It just sits there saying, "geting server info" and sits there and sits there etc.

now.. Im not certain that its related to the antiviral toolkit prop thing.. but it happened about the same time, or if I accidentally clicked something within Jedi that triggered this.. but Im getting a little worried.

so I thought, worst case scenario I have to re-install JK2 and when I had eshausted all of my other ideas... I decided to re-install... so after re-installing and updating back to 1.04 and starting it up it still just sits there "getting server info"....

any ideas? any help? Im desperate.. please.

thanx.

The in game, server browser does that when the master servers are out. Depending on your country you will be connecting to different master servers to get your serverlist, so not everyone will be having the problem at the same time.

You should try using "Qtracker" or "All Seeing Eye" to find games. They'll work when this happens and will allways find more games than the in-game browser.

Archived