Home

LAST STEP...plz

DX_Nadun_Hagar

i got all i need for my skin i just dont know how to put it all together, i aint got a clue on how to use that PK3 app that comes with JKRadient. well this is what i got:

-the model

-all the skin textures

-i got 6 custom taunts (for jediplus)

-custom "die1" and "die2"

-custom "pain25-100"

if anybody know how to put this all together with using my custom sounds for death and pain, but still use all the other ones from the "assets0" plz plz plz tell me. im so close...

-=nadun=-

i REALLY suck at explaining things, plus, i'm rather new to skinning myself (although have finished a complete skin, hopefully to be posted here or JK2files.com shortly), but if no one else respondes with advice, do what i did;

download a nifty, complicated skin/or model, and open it with whatever (i recommend pakscape), and look and see what the other skinner/modeler did. :)

Originally posted by DX_Nadun_Hagar

i got all i need for my skin i just dont know how to put it all together, i aint got a clue on how to use that PK3 app that comes with JKRadient. well this is what i got:

-the model

-all the skin textures

-i got 6 custom taunts (for jediplus)

-custom "die1" and "die2"

-custom "pain25-100"

if anybody know how to put this all together with using my custom sounds for death and pain, but still use all the other ones from the "assets0" plz plz plz tell me. im so close...

-=nadun=-

Use winzip, it's pretty easy to do.

Create this dir structure c:\base\models\players\"insert player name here"

This is where you put the .glm, textures and .skin files.

For custom sounds/taunts:

c:\base\sound\chars\"your_player_name"\misc

sounds go in the misc dir (they can have any bitrate but need to be sampled at 44khz)

When you have everything in place, right click the "models" dir and choose add to winzip, this will create models.zip in the "c:\base" folder.

If you want to make sure that these sounds will be used, you could unpack the sounds from the assets0.pk3 file and replace with yours, the other standard sounds will be used for sure.

Next you select the "sound" dir, right click and choose add to recently used zip file in this case "models.zip".

Once everything is zipped up, rename the file to .pk3 and place it in gamedata\base folder.

Hope that made sense.

-Psyk0

Archived