Home

.pk3s and windows XP

boinga1

OK. I have made several mods before, so I know what i'm doing. I had windows 98. now, i get XP. I go through the same process and all, but JO won't recognize my MODs. I open a .zip file with winzip, add the needed files, and rename to .pk3, putting the file in 'modland' in the /gamedata folder. It will not show up in the MODS menu now. Help please!

edit: when i paste in the /base directory it works, but not in 'modland'

go to your "control panel", then go to "folder options"

select view in your "folder options" panel and be sure "hide extensions to know file types" is switched off.

if this was the same problem I had about 2 months ago you will see that youre files are called something like

" flametrower.pk3.zip"

Originally posted by Squater

Winzip doesnt work with XP, it still thinks the .pk3 file is a .zip file, I recomend pakscape for making .pk3´s. Make a serch on google for it.

On the contrary, I have XP Home and Winzip 8.1 and I have absolutely no problems with it. The trick to making .pk3's is to turn off 'compression', then you can name your pk3 without having to suffer with 'yourmod.pk3.zip' errors.

• 1 month later...

alright first rule of modders : NEVER EVER MODIFY A ASSETS*.PK3

you should make a new folder called Music\MP\

then take youre sound and name it to Duel.mp3 place it in the folder

now zip it with winzip ( zip the music folder) and then rename it to pk3. put it into youre base map and tadaa a new sound for the MP menu

Archived