Home

Practice Lightsaber's Mod idea...

Mix_Master2k

Hey guys, i just had a revelation on a new mod for JK2...

Clans have become ever popular in the JK2 community and clan members are always trying to train new recruits how to efectively weild the lightsaber in the game. Often times, (this happens to me too) you will be showing/shown a move such as a yellow DFA or backstab requiring you to be close to you're opponent, but accidently killing them when you just want them to counter. Somewhere in the Star Wars expanded universe i read about lightsabers having a lowpower option. Why not in JK2? This way, you could train your Padawan effectively yet not wasting time by killing and respawning, and also saving the time of having to put God mode on or what not. My idea was for this to be client-side so the user can have the option to have it at low power or high power, without having an admin having to turn on temp god mode or scale the blocking. It could be activated like the /twosaber command only ie: /lpsaber. This could be included in something such as JediMod or one of the other larger mods. Any thoughts, ideas? Can this be done?

-Regards, Mix Master

i can make you a simple modified jedimod 1.2

with this command. do you want no damage ot a little damage ?

like -5hp ?

however the mod won't be clientside only, it will be server and client side as jedimods/omnimods/etc.. are.

but the damage control will be on the client side will that be ok ?

ok heres wat i was thinking,

razorace is right, leaving damage % up to client is too complex, you could make the actual damage % control and like mod_practicesabers (0 or 1) up to the admin and just leave the choice of whether or not the player would like to weild it. (like /twosaber or /thedestroyer ie: /plsaber) Just something that could be very simple to use with a simple bind, nothing too complex. Did i explain that right? btw thanks for looking into this Tchouky:)

"ehem" wot ya on about ere?"ehem"

why make a client side mod / server side mod when you can just use that 1 single command because you can make conflictions thru this because JK2 basejk try's to load the real command and you hav that command to just lower the saber damage a waste of time i say who agree's?

Archived