Home

Weapon Tag - How To ?

arlissloveless

Greetings ,

I have a little problem - I'm not so experienced with 3DS so I use Milkshape to remodel weapons .

I've modified the e-11 to match the droid blaster from EpII but ingame there are no textures and I missed the tagging - I 'm not

familiar with it !!

The other project is the clone rifle - I changet the textures and I added some extras to the model but the game crashes .

Could anyone Help me with this problem .

I searched the net for tuts and found nothing ?!

This belongs in the general editing forum...

Have you re-used the tags from the gun you imported?

When you export make sure your .qc file and textures point to the right dir...

base\models\weapons or somthin

You could always use the .md3 viewer from raven to load up your .skin file and re-save the model.

Make sure your textures have the right size (like 256x512 or 512x512)

That's all i can think of.

i need some help with the tags too. One problem i'm having, is that the tags are showing up in-game.. i guess this means that the engine isn't recognizing them for some reason. Which would also probably explain the next problem as to why the flash isn't emiting from the gun either.

It recognizes the tags, for weapons: *flash and *weapon as far as i know. That is correct is it not? Is there something special you need to do in MD3View to enable them or something? When i export out as Ghoul2 it says "*default" on the second line... i got the impression that should be set as maybe "*weapon" or something. Of course that's just a guess...

a new problem I have .The game load sthe blaster model but

it's not textured .In the *qc file everything points right . And one other thing - there are no flashes from the both weapons I make

The modified clonetrooper rifle has no flash ...the textures and *efx files are right!?!?!?

What can I do ...

Why don't you post the paths you have setup in .qc file.. just to make sure. You don't want to include "Base" in the path, for example.

You're probably having the same problem i am with the flashes... are the tags on the models showing up in-game too?

Archived