Home

"The Devils Advocate"

Elessar-Eärfalas

SPOILER.......

Basically, there is a really good speach from the devil and he explains that the lawyer and the woman are both his children, why he is head of the firm, and that he wants them to have sex be a family, controling power, blah blah blah.

Anyways, the devil says that this is destiny and that they dont have any choice and this is the way it has to be. Reeves decides that he has free will and decides to commit suicide rather than to fall to the devil's wish.

After killing himself, he is then taken back to the orginal court case before they moved to NY. In this case, he knows that his client is guilty and orginally earilier in the movie he still defended him and he was rules inocent which leads to the NY/devil situation. This time however, he decides that he cannot represent him and withdraws from the case.

It's been a while since I watched that flick, but..

Okay, first Keanu screwed up and chose the "dark side".... defending evil and all that, you know the story.

When he suicides, the devil (Al) loses, Keanu wins.

At the end we "warp back in time" to the case in the beginning of the film. Now Keanu chooses the right path BUT just as he has done that The Devil gets him again!

Remember what Al Pacino says in the end when he talks Keanu into accepting the "I'll make a great story of you and you'll be famous"-offer:

Vanity, my favourite sin!

--> Keanu slipped to the "dark side"! The game is on once again!

Originally posted by BCanr2d2

Basically, like the others have said, no matter which way he goes, the Devil will always win....

Since he still talks to the journalist, and still has that small piece of vanity in him, he still falls for the devil's tricks...

EXACTCALLY...

Sorry I forgot about this quote. Important part of the movie, and a nice twist.

Archived