Home

SP mod: 50 years after the Battle of Endor

Prime

For the past little while, I have been making an SP mod for my own enjoyment. It started out by just replacing Kyle with my own custom Jedi Master skin of Toonces' great Mace Windu model (which is where my avator came from). This character goes back to my X-Wing days and I've used him in JK, X-Wing Alliance, and now JO. I always pictured him being a part of the new Jedi Order set after ROTJ. Anyway, as I came across more great models and skins, I started modding my SP JO to create a world for my character to be in.

There are certain aspects I wanted to draw from both trilogies, as well as the JK series story. I wanted the feel, starships, and Imperial forces from the OT (which JO already has), and an established Jedi Order like the PT. Also, I wanted the freedom to make my own story and characters that didn't impact canon events. So I decided to make it five decades after ROTJ. This ment that the majority of the movie characters had either passed on or retired, and so my new little universe doesn't affect their stories. But it was not too far that there weren't familiar ships, hardware, and technology from the movies. Now, I don't really like the NJO, and I don't consider it a part of the Star Wars universe, so I didn't take it into consideration. But having this story being 25 years after that era ment that there wasn't much conflict.

The overall story as it stands now is that the New Republic has of course been established for some time, but there is still internal strife and shady politics.

The Jedi Order and council has been reestablished and is located at the Jedi Academy on Yavin 4, and they number around 500. Most of the mistrust the galaxy's population had against the new Jedi has been more or less overcome. Although the Jedi do not officially work for the New Republic as they did the Old Republic, they do often work together in crisis situations. The Jedi are more roaming lawmen, handling problems as they encounter them, although the council may call on them at certain times.

The Remnant has been pushed into the Outer Rim, and the Republic no longer considers them to be a priority threat, at least not while there is so much trouble internally. What the Republic does not know is that there is a new power controlling the Empire and bringing the council of Moffs under its leadership. Rumor is that Palpatine has returned (In this timeline the events of Dark Empire haven't happened), but the Republic does not take these reports seriously. The Jedi are more suspicious, but they doubt it as well. Regardless, the Remnant's strength appears to be growing once more, and there has been an increase in the number of raids on the Republic. And a Dark Jedi called Primus as taken control of the Reborn warriors created by Desann. The fact that the Reborn have been seen with Remnant troops is of great concern to the Jedi.

Whew! Well that should give an idea of the story. Of course you are sent on a mission that is very similar to the JO story :) This mod didn't take a lot of effort, because for the most part I have just replaced models and tweeked skins, and so on. Now, I would have to get permission of course from all the modelers, but...

Would people be interested in playing this mod? If so, I would package it up a little better and submit it. If not, I just enjoy it myself :p

Archived