Home

tag_flash, how do I move this?

Marker0077

I have 6 SP hilts that I need to edit the .GLM in order to convert them over to MP. I have everything figured out except for how to move the tag_flash. Fortunately there was a walk through for converting SP hilts to MP, but it's really for people who know how to use Milkshape (which I don't), so it didn't include how to move the tag_flash. Any help would be appreciated.

Actually, if you are a modeler familiar with making hilts & you are interested in getting some of your work out in the community, I also want to convert 6 hilts to reverse grip & would be interested in looking at some of your other work as well. As long as the hilt (or whatever) is decent looking & you don't have 20 of them you want added, I'll probably add them. Here's a little bit about the mod project...

Originally posted by Marker0077

It's just that there is only like 1 hilt pack with all cool hilts, the hilt pack I am doing is for the next Duelers. I'm also doing a sound mod (there will be a couple to choose from), installer/uninstaller, icons/folder icons, shortcuts, winhelp file, etc; etc.

The mod itself will feature a new duel mode, one that allows multiple duels at the same time, it fixes the ban problem so you can have unlimited IPs in your ban list, it also has a CVar for making it so that people can't change their name once their health gets past 80 (to disallow stat wh0ring), optional animations (like in JediMoves) for left/right rolling & a backflip, etc; etc. so there's allot of good things to come with the next version.

As you can imagine, Spectrum/BOFH (JediPlus/OmniMod coder) is eager to add some of this to his mod as well :D. Anyways, if you are interested in helping the project let me know via my email Marker0077@Hotmail.com & leave a *** in subject to get past mail filter.

Or if you would rather just tell me how to move the tag_flash, that would be nice too. I know I saw a tutorial somewhere specifically for modeling hilts but can't find it again. Anyways, thanks for your time either way people.

I've only made one hilt, so im no expert...why dont you try re-using the original tags and simply position your new hilt over the original one??? delete the original mesh when done.

Moving a tag should be fairly simple, just select the verts and use the move tool???

Haven't worked in milkshape for a while...but i assume moving objects is one of the basic things you can do.

Well I can't even figure out how to use the thing, the help file doesn't work with it so I switched to gmax, now I can't find a tutorial with that either.

All the stuff I want done is very very simple, anyone who is familiar with gmax or milkshape can do it, I just haven't been able to figure out what does what.

All I'm doing is converting some hilts from SP to MP & then I'm going to try some reverse grip hilts. Nothing from scratch, just reversing some already made hilts.

Archived