Home

Suggestion to the designers..

Paragon_Leon

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read the thing on those troopers, and found that the building to produce mounted units has a bit of a...well.... lame name.

Come on.... a 'nursery' ?

That sounds like they breed baby dewbacks in diapers there and then send them out to 'explore the free world' (only to find out they'll get shot to hereafter very quickly... :D )

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ZeroXcape
Originally posted by Paragon_Leon

I read the thing on those troopers, and found that the building to produce mounted units has a bit of a...well.... lame name.

Come on.... a 'nursery' ?

That sounds like they breed baby dewbacks in diapers there and then send them out to 'explore the free world' (only to find out they'll get shot to hereafter very quickly... :D )

There could have been a worse name I guess, hehe...

Guest corranhorn

Hey, AOK runs slowly with about 1000 on a P3 600, it clunks. Frame... *5 seconds later* frame. I don't think it is the graphics that's the problem, I think it's the AI for 500 computer units, but the flashbacks on that would work perfectly, yet another use of it, but mabye GB could buffer the AI some in early game when no contact has been established.

Guest Tie Guy

Yeah, just today i had about 130 longbowmen in a tight group and it really started to slow down. I performed a group of tasks (drag clicking, assigning a group, and moving) and by the time i had finished clicking, the comp game had just started on the forst task, and then finished a couple of seconds later. It didn't last long though, but still....

I'm running a P2 450, BTW, but i'm hoping to change that soon :D

Guest corranhorn

If the pop limit is 200 and you have 8 players, you have about 1600 units, that could slow any computer down. Mabye U people don't realize, but 1500 times 8 is not a small number. About Cossaks, how many players can you have and can it do single player? larger pop limits are nice, but you might need a dual 1.8 to get that many, and in multiplayer, they send info for about 1600 units down a phone line. I doubt DSL or cable or T1-5 could handle that.

Archived