Home

Give kyle the lightsaber

Dea

I've been having some trouble giving kyle a lightsaber. I want him to start without, as it is in his pocket, and later, during a cutscene, I want him to grab his saber.

I have this working on the cutscene NPC, but after the scene is done the player doesn't have a saber (obviously, as the two entities aren't the same).

How do I give the player a saber? I've tried target_give, but that crashed the map with some vague error, and I can't figure out how to do it with a script.

Please help :)

A hard question. But you might try spawnin the atuall saber underneath Kyle himself as soon as the cutscene is over. So he immediately turns the saber on. And also obtains it in the process. I'm not entirely certain this will work with items (such as the saber) but its worth a try.

:You can spawn a person or object by using triggers and pointing them at that object, however like I said I'm not entirely certain this will work.

If Kyle has already picked up and turned on the lightsaber, it would look silly for him to turn it on again after the cutscene.

The kejim_post (any level actually) scripts provided are a great source of examples on how to script anything. I suggest starting with one of those.

Archived