Home

The Harry Potter Thread.

Eldritch

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes, thats the word. psyched.

I believe you're off by a few mintues, but.. .I also... dont count...:D

[MOD]if we start talking about details, dont forget the spoiler tags everyone, I can always fix it later, but its only a extra second when posting. thanks.[/MOD] ;)

I was going to say something for us to talk about, but my mind just went blank. ****.

ideas? /me cracks whip :D

well, a couple of things.

Voldemort is actually french, and has a silent T... tricky little ess ohh bee to say.

good as topic as any.

WHY? we dont know why, but we'll be finding out.

we DO know that

only James and Harry were targeted, and Lily was only killed because she would not yield to Voldemort.

which is a even TRICKIER question of "WHY" then the total attack.

as to what happened, we know WHAT happened, but not WHY... i'm hoping this gets nailed down in the next book more tightly.

responce?

Voldemort isn't really french - it is, after all, only an anagram of his real name,

Tom Marvolo Riddle.

It's pronounced with that french silent 't' though : VOLE-de-more.

As for the reason why

only Harry and James were targeted - well, I think they're probably the heir of Godric Gryffindor. Lily isn't of the same bloodline, and as such, posed no threat. Voldemort said after all that he would've let Lily go.

Probably going to nail it down in Book 5.

Originally posted by Aru-Wen

J.K. Rowling said in Book 5, one of Harry's "fans" will die. She also said that the death will be horrible to write (this seems obvious). Anyone have any guesses who it could be?

Well, my guess is certainly Colin Creevey. I think Voldermort is going to send someone to kill Harry, but then Creevey saves Harry's life by protecting him with his body, and thereby he gets his moment of glory. But it's just guesswork, of course.

I don't know, I would also consider

Hagrid and to a lesser extent, Dumbledore to be fans of Harry.

I think both of those would be harder to write, and Rawling has a habit of pulling the rug out from under us, but we'll know for sure in 112 days. :D

Man. I wish I had all hard cover. :( The first 2 books I have are soft cover, and the 3rd and 4th are hardcover. I'm gonna try to get the 5th one as hard cover, cause I don't wanna wait any longer after it comes out. ;)

BTW - Aru, I love your sig! :)

It kind of does, Wes. Your wand's wood and core substance helps in determining what type of magic its best at (charms, hexes, transfiguration, etc). The only place i've found to see what type of wand I would have is here. Register and then go get your wand at Ollivanders to see what you'd have.

1... 2... 3...

Expelliarmus!

Archived