Home

World War 2 TC Poll

Neo

Would you play a WW2 TC for JO?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play a WW2 TC for JO?

• YES!
    • NO.

Just read your guideline...VERY ambitious project you have there. Lots of coding, modeling, skinning, mapping, etc. do work on there. You may not like to hear this, but this could be the sleeper hit TC or a total disaster. Personally, I don't really recommend the JO engine and coding to produce a WWII TC. It would be a lot easier to do this mod in, say, Battlefield 1942, where you have alot less tweaking to do. Now, I'm not saying your TC sucks or anything, it looks very cool and will indeed be a huge success if you can pull it off correctly. I'm just a little concerned whether JO is the right type of game to base this TC on. Good luck :thumbsup:

JKII was chosen cause thats basically where the designers have had the most fun, the most past time back to old JKI, even Dark Forces. Its not the best engine, but it is possible... Rumours of JKIII though in that Activision Conference may have us move to that, or Doom III. But JKII is where we currently have the most support. The bottom line is, its possible...

Battlefield 1942 and even UT2003 were considerations, but we made this decision based on the community. Give them something good..

ya um its gonna be a real sweet mod, it wont be released for a while which dissapoints me, cause im thinking that a few more new and better game will be coming out... Also im going to start a thread so i can sohow try to convice lucasarts to make it so its possible to script for single player... if possible post, vote and shout your opinion!

I voted "NO" because there are very good WW2 games out there (Wolfenstein, MOH, Battlefield 1942).

All these games support new Maps and Mods AFAIK.

I also have to comment I´m not a fan of WW2 FPS...

I wish you good luck with your mod, but I´m a starwars-style JO player ;)

A quick run down of what we think will make our mod unique, doesnt depend on which game we may move off too (JKIII, Doom III, UT2003?) although it is unlikely we will leave JKII.

Unlike other World War II games, we'll lean as close to historical accuracy as possible. In games like Battlefield 1942, the British and American troops are only different in their skin and voices, in LGW, each of the 7 nations planned will have unique weapons, models, and voices. (This mod wont be a small download)

We are following a thorough guideline to make sure the mod lives up to the standards of most games out there. Already we have several features and gameplay elements that are unique to LGW.

Estimated Release for the Open Beta (which will only include 2 out of the 5 nations, Germany and The United States) is Q2 2004. Soon followed by a joint release of the British and Canadian addon, which we call a Nation Pack, consisting of the new nations, new maps for the new nations, and bug fixes/tweaks to the previous release.

Planned Nations are: US, Germany, England, Canada, Japan, Russia, and Italy.

Right now we have:

4 designers

5 mappers

3 modellers

1 texturist

2 sound engineers

1 coder

and are looking for more of pretty much everything. See the forums at our site for more.

Some things we cannot do, like a single player component due to the fact that LEC has no plans to release a SP SDK.

we've been making some progress:

here are a few weapon models of ours so far:

Warbeast's M1 Carbine

lgw_M1Carbine_1.jpg

MP40

lgw_mp40.jpg

G43

G43_4.jpg

M1thompson.jpg

M1 Garand

Screen3.jpg

We're looking for people to do just about everything except:

sounds

webdesign

concept designing

weapon modelling (we are looking for people who can model things like furniture, and vehicles.)

Please stop by our forums

uh, doing this for the JK2 engine is crazy. There's no reason to use JK2 unless you're doing a Star Wars based game or something with melee based combat. Ghoul2 is a bitch to mess with and there's no current way to add new animations. I'd recommend using the Q3 or UT2003 engines.

Sides, define "realism". How is it going to be worth all the time and effort when there's 50 zillion other WW2 games out there?

JKII may not be possible for a mod of our ambition. We are fully prepared to move to another title when the situation calls. Every important member of our team will be able to move to even a next-gen game such as Doom III.

But, we do want to do this for the JKII community. We believe with the right attitude, and, of course, coders. We can pull through. We do want community support. This mod will be different than all the other ww2 things outthere.

Closest thing to what we wanted was DoD. Thats on a dated engine, and its dated itself, but its the most realistic ww2 shooter outer.

Our mod wont be DoD on a better engine... it'll be LGW..

JKIII isn't going to be on a next gen engine any time soon. Raven has always used Quake based engines for its games. They could change to a different engine but there's no way they could release the game for a couple of years. They'd have to learn how to use a new engine and recode a new set of inhouse game tools.

damn, nice job on the weapons! :thumbsup:

But again, Razorace has a point, it would be much easier on another engine, such as UT2003. I fully support your mod and your commitment to the JKII community, but IMO its just more hassle-free and less frustrating (for you guys) to build this upon a better suited engine. Keep up the good work! :D

Archived