Home

Scumm ?

koads

Hi, Im thinking of making a game, in the style of MI2 or CMI.

But since i am a sucker for those games i sure would like to use the same engine as used in those games. Is there a way one could aquire the SCUMM engine ?

Sincerely,

Koads

First off, welcome to the boards, Koads :).

Secondly, no, I don't think the source code for the SCUMM engine has ever been fully released, but there are a number of programs you can use to make you own game. I don't know much about them myself, but perhaps the people in the Fan Stuff forum can help you...thus, I'm moving this thread to Fan Stuff.

Agast & Sludge require more coding than AGS, so if you're inexperienced then AGS is the best way forward, as it has a nice GUI, very little coding skills (depends on how complex the game is), and it has the strongest community.

Good examples of games:

Sludge

Out of Order

Cubert Badbone, PI

Agast

Eye of the Kraken (Commercial Game)

Aftershocked!

AGS

Pleurghburg: Dark Ages (Win!)

Six Day Assassin

..and, while it's not one of the best games:

Night of the Hermit (Very Lucas Arts-ish, SCUMM interface and everything)

Everyone must download and play Pleurghburg.

I don't understand those programs so I go for Multimedia fusion (or TGF). It's not made for making RPG games but you can do anything in Multimedia Fusion (only concerning 2D acceleration ofcourse). Allthough the engine is quite slow and such things as inventoryusage and cutscenes is hard and it makes you confused after a while with all those events accuired. :(

Archived