Home

NRG Duel Mappack

JoelBanner

I thought the maps by Truthful Liar in the NRG Duel Mappack were awesome! But, I only give them 4 stars. That is because there are no botroutes! Is he coming out with another one with bots? Is there a program I can download to put bots in the map?

I'll be sure to tell him that you liked them he'll be very happy:)

As for the bot routes, we're very sorry for the lack of routes in most of the maps but the pack pretty much went out at the very last minute. Adding bot routes unfortunately would have put back the release considerably.:)

If we have time we'll be sure to release a patch you can download which includes all the required routes;)

Originally posted by Eagle_e7

Adding bot routes unfortunately would have put back the release considerably.:)

Takes me about 5-10 minutes per map. All you gotta do is run around pressing the "bot_wp_add" key repeatedly.

Of course, most of those duel levels are very vertical, and adding bot routes for THOSE would be hellish.

Originally posted by JoelBanner

Is there a program I can download to put bots in the map?.:)

That's a negative. Bot routes are made manually in JKII. You could, theoretically, if you're desperate and have a lot of time on your hands, do it yourself, but I think it would be better to leave it to the NRG team. They know what they're doing.

Hey, here's a question of my own...how'd you make the animated skyboxes?

Hey thats ok JoelBanner:D

Of course, most of those duel levels are very vertical, and adding bot routes for THOSE would be hellish.

heheh yeah, it's all those places where the bots will need to jump which is giving me nightmares:D

Hey, here's a question of my own...how'd you make the animated skyboxes?

We used a great skybox pack made by cardigan:)

For everyone reading this, I was hoping that this post could be come a discussion about the NRG Duel Mappack. Everyone please give us your comments on the pack. So, for a start, here are mine.

I consider this pack to be the best one I have ever seen. It a great quality pack with great map ideas. It has plenty of originality and some things that I have been waiting a long time for. I don't know which one is my favorite yet. I am stuck between High Dive and Terminal Velocity. Both have concepts that I've been dying to see in a map.

So, everyone, send in your comments!

(Aside From The Subject) Eagle_e7, I downloaded a guide on how to put bots into maps. It showed me how to add, remove, and save the botroutes. The only problem is, the command it told me to use to save won't work. Neither will arguements. Any ideas?

Archived