Home

You better be getting ready

Guest Dan

Guest JR2000Z

There is NOT going to be multiplayer game due to the fact it is an action/ADVENTURE SINGLE play.Im sure to it.(I got the e-mail today.)

that doesn't surprise me, I had the impression that they cut the multiplayer. We still have editing and the possibility of an expansion. Indy3d will live through this.

Well Indy3D was supposed to have multiplayer, but they scrapped it for time.At least that means that they got programing for multiplayer in storage or something, So a mission pack is likely.But being the negative person that I`am, I would like guess there no multiplayer add-on pack, if there is a add-on pack it will probably be extra missions.

OOOOKKKKAAAAYYY.... Appertently we have WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY too much free time on our hands. I thought that this was an INDY forum and to be used to discuss INDY topics. I know it's open to whatever, but, I thought that it was open to whatever involving Indy. Anyways, word is they cut out multiplayer because they had a hard time doing it and they didn't want to wait another year before it came out. There is a strong possibility that there will be a mission pack with multiplayer or a sequal with multiplayer. Once they get it all strightened out on how it will be done. I've also heard they didn't put it on for similar reasons why they didn't put internet play on Racer. But, this time not because it's so fast, but because it's so complex. The only types of connection that could have been done is IPX. But, still, multiplayer, is multiplayer. But, I'm just happy to see the game coming out.

Dan

Sorry, I was a tad bit bored yesterday. Anyway, Indy Multiplayer would be funky in 3rd person only, when I play multiplayer I jump back and forth on first and third person views. Anyway If you have not ordered Indy yet Lucasarts site is offering 39.99 with free shipping and handling which is pretty sweet.

Guest Rieekan

Hey all, I'm new here from RS.net and Xwingalliance.net.

I thought that the reason the game didn't come out in March was because they were going to implement multiplayer.

Guest Rieekan

Sorry, double-post. Not starting off on a very good note, am I?

[This message has been edited by Rieekan (edited November 10, 1999).]

Guest Dark_Indy

That was what I thought too, I remembering somewhere that LEC said somwthing like "We are curretly implemmenting MP, that is the cause for the delay" But, I guess they cheanged there minds, they could have always done Co-Op at least, like originally planned!

Well it will still be a great game. They probably used the extra time to update the Graphics engine or something.

-Dark Indy

I've given up on Indy3d.net. This has become my main news site. I'm happy to see these boards alive. Before they were dead. Now I see something new almost every hour. It's great. It sure gives me something to do until I get the game. I expect stores to put an ad in the Sunday paper for it. I'll check Best Biy's ad and see when they say they will have it. Anyways, keep posting and get ready for Indy3d.

Dan

Guest Rieekan

Where I live, the closest thing we have to a gaming store is Babbage's in ourlocal mall. Since everything is expensive there, I'm hoping that Wal-Mart will carry it.

I would think that they took out the multiplay because it stunk. This type of game just doesn't make for a good multi-game.

A good multigame has to be fast paced and stratigic. Indy doesn't start, stop, turn or jump fast enough to make the game multiplay. It's a very realistic game, which is perfect for an adventure game, but makes for an absolutely horrible multiplayer game.

Unless the point of the game was to see which of your friends could solve the puzzle the fastest it just wouldn't make sense. Imagine 8 Indy's running around having a deathmatch.

They most likely left it out instead of getting complaints about it later.

-LOR

Guest galahad17

I live in a game desert down here. The only big store we have here is Kmart and it sucks. I buy most of my games online at Electronics Boutique. They show a release date of 11/16 so I pre-ordered. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Hey, no news from anyone when they will have it on their shelfs. I WANT TO KNOW WHEN!! I'll see about calling some local stores and see what they say. If I find anything, I'll let you all know.

Dan

Archived