Home

dem kicks..

ILR

bla bla bla lets ignore the contraversy about kicks right now...

I was fighting a guy who had these things down like the back of his hand. He would blue lunge, and if I went to the side for the counter he'd kick me to the side. If I slashed him he'd kick me. If I moved he would kick me. If I kicked he would kick me. What's the counter strategy to kicking? -_- And don't say 'just move out of the way' because I was almost damn near running away and this guy was kicking me.

Red Stance is supposed to stop you from getting knocked down (only back) from Kicks in 1.04, but now I'm not so sure.

Anybody got any info on this?

In a Full Force game I'd think that stopping him from getting close enough to kick would be easy, but I assume this is during a Lightsaber challenge right? (because in NF, he shouldn't be able to do it... because it requires Level 2 Force Jump).

This was on one of those quazi Force servers with selective force. It had level 3 jump, saber attack, and saber defense. The rest was disabled.

I also heard this thing about ducking/rolling lets you avoid it, you know if this is true... haven't tested it yet.

You can fall on your back from being kicked while using the red style. Maybe it is if you are performing an action you can be kcicked onto your back. If you are not doing anything besides moving I don't know if you can be knocked down or not. Will have to test more.

I have never been able to duck and role away from kicks. They seem to be a little harder to kick when they roll but nothing so hard to prevent you from doing so.

BigTeddyPaul

Yeah, it seems you can be knocked down. I swore I read that Raven fixed that.. maybe its only certain select circumstances, or doesn't work right?

I guess I'll have to put a question mark by that on the site when I get a chance. ; p

I'm a major kick whore myself, red/kick hybrid, and I'll clarify exactly how it works, when you are in any stance but red, if you are swinging, you can be knocked back and knocked down by kicks in the middle of your swing, but if you are in red, being kicked while in the middle of your swing has no effect on you whatsoever, however if you arent swinging, you will go down just as easily as anyone else, and here is the best technique to take out kick whores, run at them like you are going to kick, then when you are within a danger range of them, do a backflip, then press foward and double tap jump real fast, and you will hit him while hes in the middle of the air (yes its possible to do this on 56k, I'm on 56k myself)

Originally posted by .Templar.

I'm a major kick whore myself, red/kick hybrid, and I'll clarify exactly how it works, when you are in any stance but red, if you are swinging, you can be knocked back and knocked down by kicks in the middle of your swing, but if you are in red, being kicked while in the middle of your swing has no effect on you whatsoever, however if you arent swinging, you will go down just as easily as anyone else, and here is the best technique to take out kick whores, run at them like you are going to kick, then when you are within a danger range of them, do a backflip, then press foward and double tap jump real fast, and you will hit him while hes in the middle of the air (yes its possible to do this on 56k, I'm on 56k myself)

Thanks man. now pullin it off.....

Wait, so your wanting me to show you what, the jump back then jump foward kick to counter kick? or what? because I'm sure whatever it is you want me to get a demo of, I can get someone in the academy to help stage it for me, but that would be the only way with my lag

Hmm... inspiration...

I know its prolly best to just join up with the academy to get good training.. but would it be all too difficult to simply record a few of their lessens for like a 'preview' of their classes? I was interested.. but not convinced ya know? Suggest it to them if you can, I'd like to see how that all works out.

Classes are a good 30-45 mins long, way too big of a demo.

It basically goes like this.. Everyone reports to the room in the map of the trainers choice, in a passworded Classes Only server meaning you wont have just regular memebers of the JA popping in and playing as they arent allowed in the classes only server unless they are signed up for the class going on in that time slot, The trainer gets in one part of the room, and the students are scattered along the rest of the room, and the trainer tells them about whatever moves/techniques they are going to go over, then he starts by showing a move.. gets everyone to do it and blah blah, on the more advanced classes such as technique fighting, he normally does staged fights to show when what move is useful and blah blah, then after the class if you have any questions or need personal attention he helps

Send it to me via email (kurgan@mchsi.com) along with whatever info you want me to post, and I'll put it up. Thanks again!

I just now realized that side kicks work normally, without the double-tap of jump... amazed I didn't see that before!

Archived