Home

I Have An Idea For The Name!!!! And The Game Too!!!!

Who are your fave characters?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who are your fave characters?

• Guybrush
    • Elaine
    • Wally
    • Murray
    • LeChuck
    • Voodoo Lady
    • Murray the Talking Skull
    • Stan
    • Men of Low Moral Fiber
    • You haven't put my fave character up, so I'll post it.

Largo was probably my favorite Monkey Island villain, even before LeChuck. And he also had the baddest theme music (and by saying "bad," I mean "good").

Maybe he could restore Pegnose (after Pegnose had his "morale crash" by the Ultimate Insult), and he serves him. Then somehow Guybrush inadvertantly helps them to destroy LeChuck for good. ...but they are still bad guys and become even more bad.

Largo was in the explosion at the fortress, but then again so was Wally, and Guybrush, and LeChuck, and they all survived (well, in a manner of speaking for LeChuck. He was already dead, and he didn't become any deader). Though a Ghost Pirate LeGrande may be very interesting...

Largo wouldn't have the guts to play on his own.. that's for sure,

nah.. I rather see him with someone else.. I mean, Largo is okey.. but we can't change the mainvillain now.. don't forget about Lechuck.. let's face the fact here... LECHUCK CAN'T DIE! *lol*

//siz

• 3 weeks later...

I do agree that the the main villain shouldn't be changed. But cripes, what do we do with him? He's been destroyed, what, four times.....how long can he last?

Anyway, I have at present no new ideas, nothing that hasn't already been weighed around here. But hey, I have a lot of time to think. Maybe I should try doing that.

Umm, I like Murray too.

The thinking thing works faster than I thought. Anyway, I think MI5, perhaps being the last one, should play a little more "desperate" than the previous ones.

LeChuck comes, and musters his undead force to epic proportions. They take over the Caribbean, or the world, and hold everything except Monkey Island, because of some strange voodoo property it has.

Basically, Guybrush has to get TO Monkey Island and plot to save the Caribbean (world) from there.

Not that it should be that serious. I think Guybrush and Elaine should have a little girl, who occasionally shows Guybrush up.

Now, after reading all that, you wouldn't think I'm in favor of the little kid Guybrush theory. I am. But I love CMI, and EFMI messed everything up beyond salvation. There are really no easy ways out of it.

Eh, a stupid idea. Call it Return to Monkey Island, Escape TO Monkey Island, whatever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My ALL TIME FAVORITE CHARACTER would probably be "spiffy the dog" from the scumm bar in the first game, because he gets some of the best lines in the entire game (well, not really, but he has a better vocabulary than my dog)

and i'd have to say Governer Phatt is my all time least favorite

For a really off the wall suggestion LeChuck could come back reincarnated as a 3-headed monkey and have him brainwash jojo jr and the other monkeys left on monkey island to join his cause and wreak havoc sailing across the caribean (much like his undead crew)

meanwhile, guybrush stumbles across some voodoo spell/curse thing that makes him switch places with timmy temporarily and unwillingly go undercover to undermine the monkey revolution being lead by LeChuck as the 3-headed monkey

Guybrush (with timmy the monkey having switched places with him, a la freaky friday) gets locked up in an insane asyllum. as timmy, guybrush's role stays pretty much the same and with the help of the voodoo lady discovers LeChuck caused guybrush's curse, originally intending himself to switch places with guybrush (in order to be with Elaine) except that guybrush's brain couldn't handle his personality and was only using timmy temporarily until he could figure out some other plan.

they could bring back several characters, such as Mr. Fossey, LeChimp, Largo (make him have dinghy dog's voice, indicating LeChuck is not a complete idiot, sometimes, and reuses old incompetent sidekicks. Doesn't it make sense that dinghy dog and Largo should be the same person anyway?), as well as bob, murray, and all the regular characters.

in the end LeChuck would get locked up in the tri-island zoo, the other monkeys would be liberated (by a new leader named cornellius), guybrush would be reunited with his body (as well as timmy with his) and break out of the asyllum, with time left to explain the entire thing to Elaine and their adopted son, Wally.

is it messed up enough? it'd be challenging to figure where one's inventory goes, unless timmy starts to wear clothes.

Originally posted by crazymatt

For a really off the wall suggestion LeChuck could come back reincarnated as a 3-headed monkey and have him brainwash jojo jr and the other monkeys left on monkey island to join his cause and wreak havoc sailing across the caribean (much like his undead crew)

aarrrrggghhh!!!!!!You just inspired some awful fan art!!you fool!

Largo can't be good, but he surely wants revenge on LeChuck.

Perhaps he could be good/bad...he antagonizes Guybrush and Chuckie. (in other words, a pain in the @$$ to everyone...)

If they bring him back as good in Mi5, i think i may hurl...it would be too wierd.

Perhaps Bob as a villian....

Possible TITLES....maybe NOT

Monkey Island 5: The Son of Monkey Island

Monkey Island 6: The Brother of Monkey Island

Monkey Island 7: Return to Monkey Island

Monkey Island 8: LéChuck's Mate

Monkey Island 9: Guybrush ain't doin' fine

Monkey Island 10: Why won't this even

Monkey Island 11:Why do number 7!??!?{return}

JUST A FEW CRAPPY IDEAS

But I like the brother of Monkey Island, Maybe Monkey Island had a twin? Maybe Dinky Island was a child from a volcano? I DON'T KNOW?!?!?!?

WEll I have to say chaps, right from my heart,, what a load of dingos kidneys, however among all this there are some ideas I like (but know wander 3 and 4 are bad if these are the ideas other people come up with(no offence I couldnt do anybetter at all)) but among these there are some ideas that would work, the return of largo as an inbetweeny pain in the ass sounds good and also, whoever game up with the daughter who shows guybrush up, I think thats a work of genious, should be a daughter just like her mother, also the "other monkey head" idea works for me but it was earlier in life. also one more thing is the head with rollercoaster going in in CMI the same monkey head in SoMI and EMI, very multipurpose if so, a rollercoaster ride a roboyt and volcanic caves. I've had enough of that damn monkey head!!!!! how much more can it do!! if there has to be one use a different huge voodoo monkay head.

• 5 weeks later...

I think by now LeChuck has sort of grown on us all... especially on those of us who have been playing the Monkey Island series since the first two... I thought he was hilarious in MI2...

I think for the last MI game they should make LeChuck become a good guy and help out Guybrush against an even bigger villain... I don't know who though... Anyway, it'd be like Dr. Evil in the third Austin Powers movie... by the third movie you had grown to like the villain, and it would be sort of sad to see him finished off once and for all...

I for one would feel bad if LeChuck had to go and know that he really was NEVER coming back...

Archived