Home

How do you view custom skin ingame?

FOXKX

OK... i know this would have been covered before ive asked..... but i just had a look through the threads and i cant find the answer.

All i wanna do is look at my MP custom skin, ingame....

Someone plz tell me.... or direct me to a thread that will tell me

Thank you :)

Once you have everything ready, I'd suggest copying all the necessary files to a folder named "compile\models\players\<skin name>". Then open up WinZip (another program may work, but I've only tested WinZip) so you have a new archive and make sure it is not located in any of the new folders. Now go to Add, locate the "compile" folder, and hit Add with wildcards. Close the program, and find the file in Windows Explorer. Then rename the extension to .pk3, and put it in your "JKII:JO\GameData\base" folder. Load up the game and you should see it as a selectable multiplayer skin if everything was done right.

I can vouch for pakscape... I once used WinZip, and it tried to create a whole new directory! :lol:

I.e. the player has his game in Program Files/LucasArts/ etc

I was C:\Games\Jedi Knigt II- Jedi Outcast\

It saved the full path and, needless to say, the pk3 did not work. Use pakscape!

http://richdiesal.jedioutcastmaps.com/tutorials/pakscape_new.zip

OK sorry guys, but it seems i must have worded my question wrong, i know how to packscape it and all that.... wat i meant was that i wanted to view my skin ingame... like from front/side angles hehe sorry for the confusion :)

Originally posted by FOXKX

OK sorry guys, but it seems i must have worded my question wrong, i know how to packscape it and all that.... wat i meant was that i wanted to view my skin ingame... like from front/side angles hehe sorry for the confusion :)

Then you have to activate cheats...

and then use these:

cg_thirdpersonpitchoffset

cg_thirdpersonvertoffset

cg_thirdpersonrange

cg_thirdpersonangle

Archived