Home

Here's a little tip..

ILR

For all you map makers out there... for god's sake don't name your map the same name as one of the game default maps. If ou have a map with the name "duel_temple" there's not going to be many peeps playing your map. And there's gonna be some peeps who nabbed a pack, unziped in a hurry, and overwrote one of the most commonly used dueling maps. :mad:

You shouldn't unzip the files, unless for modding purposes.

They should all be in the PK3 files, since that's what the engine reads.

If you still need the file.

You can get it off the JKII disk.

That file should be included in the assets2.pk3 file. ;)

no no.. you missunderstand. The pk3 came in a zip archive, just for those 56k peeps out there. I don't know about where the original duel_temple is kept, but as far as I can tell, every time I select that map, or try to load that map the costum map shows up (even tho the duel_temple pic pops up during the loading screen). So should I solve everything by deleting the non-legit duel_temple?

FYI, zipping PK3 files is completely useless, as a PK3 file is a zip file with a different name, zipping these files only makes them bigger. The reason ppl zip up these files is to make sure that the person who downloads them also has the readme text that is included :p

Thanks, solved the problem.

But ya know this is something to keep in mind. The author of this map is still totally fekked, because his map will never be used simply because peeps will have to delete it just to play the normal duel_temple!

Archived