Home

Happy Anniversary JK2

Inskipp

Even though the official release date was 3/29, I received my copy of Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast exactly one year ago yesterday. I can’t believe it’s a year already, and I saw today that the number of online players has exceeded 36 million. This is the BEST game I have ever played, thank you all for playing it with me.

Ahh, to reminisce, I think some of the greatest moments were beating single player with no hints or cheats, and getting cable so I could play for REAL online, 300-400 ping all the time kinda stank. And getting my wife her own computer, and showing her the way of the force. And getting the jedimod and the yoda model for the first time, that was awesome. And finding out the leader of my old clan Army of Darkness, Lee, had written a mod, Duelers Mod, specifically tailored to what I had wanted in the game, and even mentioning my wife and I in the readme.

So, happy anniversary to Jedi Outcast, and to those of us who have been playing for a year. I think this year will be even better for the game, as now the mappers and modelers and modders have a little practice, and I’m sure they will write even better downloads for us. I can’t wait!

See you on the servers!

Archived