Home

Laying the smackdown with my JO fists!

Prime

I just thought I'd bring to attention something that I just learned from Kurgon in the Strategy Shack forum about being able to use fists in JO. Sorry if you know this already, but I didn't. :) I have only tried to do this in SP, so someone can confirm if you can do it in MP. But to get them in SP, do the following:

helpusobi 1 // enable cheats

give weaponnum 14 // add fists to your "inventory"

bind [akey] "weapon 14" // select fists like any other weapon

The fire button will do a left-handed punch and the alt-fire will do a right handed punch. It works in both first person and third person views.

And now you go punching your way through the Imperial Remnant. One fun tactic is mind tricking unsuspecting Imperial officers and then pummeling them to the ground. Another cool thing Kurgon mentioned was that with force speed on, and this will cause you to do the rapid "Matrix agent-style" punches. Personally, I liked punching in third person more than first person, so if you want to you can automatically switch to third person just like with the saber. To do this, use the following:

replace: bind [akey] weapon 14

with

bind [akey] "weapon 14;cg_thirdperson !"

Hope that adds some fun for you. Sorry again if you already new this...

IIRC Hydroball had it too (though I never had a chance to play that one).

Using fists sure is fun... most of the imperials you can take down before they can even get a shot off (except the Imp Commander) if you're quick enough.

I love spawning in Granboxers and having a big brawl!

The last time I played through SP I pretended I was "capturing" the enemy Imps by pulling their weapons away (so they surrendered) and then knocking them out. ; )

Archived