Home

Devil May Cry 2: The Review

Darklighter

I bought this game yesterday, and I must say, I have some serious issues with a lot of web-site and magazine reviewers out there. I wasn't even going to get this game for PS2 because of some of the comments I read on the net and in official magazines, comments such as "this game is a huge disappointment" and "biggest letdown of the year". Oh how wrong people can be.

This game is absolutely amazing, and hugely underrated. It is 3 times the first game was, with a lot of errors fixed from it's predecessor. For those of you who don't know anything about the game, you play Dante, a half-devil half-human demon-slayer back once again to rid the world of evil things, using a combination of high-tech weapons and swords and magic items.

The sequel is a lot more flexible in terms of gameplay, and although there isn't much improvement graphics-wise, the special effects do their job, and the music and sound effects are outstanding. The character dynamics of Dante have been tweaked so he is a lot more manouverable, now able to run up the sides of walls, back-flip high in the air and cartwheel all over the place:)

As for the length of the game, I am stuck so far on it (lol), so I can't really comment on the longevity, but I've heard that it is "way too short". All I can say to that is with graphics and gameplay like this, you don't need a long game. The replay value is more important;)

After playing the game, I have realised one mistake I will never make again: don't base your decisions on other people's opinions. This game, simply, rocks! I recommend it to anyone who loves fast-paced, action-packed, gun-toting, sword-swinging action, and anyone who is just up for a bit of devil-mania craziness:DHugely entertaining.

For more information on DMC and DMC2, check out http://www.devilmaycry2.com.

Thus ends my review:DThanks all!

(Before I finish, I would just like to ask for a bit of help, from anyone who's played the game and knows the answer to this question:

How do you activate the Easy Automatic Mode? I've been trying to do it on the first level the same way you activate it in the first game, but still with no luck. Anybody know how?

...any help would be greatly appreciated:))

I have DMC 1....The graphics rock so much...but the game was TOO short. I beat the game in hrs...But what it gives up on longetivity, It makes up in graphics. But, I'll be sure to get DMC2 once I get all the other games I wanna buy. :)

Archived