Home

A few questions

Genghis Khan

I dont think my specs are that old dude, and you dont have to tell me yours, I already know them. Anyways, I have a Gforce 3 and I will run the game on the lowest graphics setting there is as long as I can run fine. Top-Notch graphics isent what impresses me, gameplay is what impresses me. I hope they are more focused on the gameplay instead of the graphics. It seems most the new games are jsut trying to be better looking then the rest and gameplay is kinda ignored. I think this game will have good gameplay though.

My question is, will there be any kind of PvP in this game? I sure hope so, and no im not a 12 year old loser who just wants to be cool by killing people. Im 16 and I just think PvP adds to the challange, thats all. So please dont call me a loser or anything like that just because I would like to see PvP. It just seems more fun! =D

Edit-

The reason I say that is because people who are for PvP are usally compared to losers and little kids who need a life. It kinda makes me mad, but aparently thats not the case here. I just finished reading the post about PvP......

Again, there'll be a couple of ways to fight your fellow players, all of them are based on the fact that you victims agree to PvP, there's no way to attack people who doesn't want to be attacked.

1) This is the biggest one. The Galactic Civil War. The real deal. You enter it by joining a side overt. You can join a faction as a covert member, then you have less perks and this doesn't affect you. Any overt character can attack an overt character on the other side, unless they are in a safe zone (these are the starting locations, and possibly a few more towns). They are always noted as enemy dots on your radar, and you don't have to challange them to attack. What's in it for you? Faction points. That is, prestige among the ranks of your side.

2) PA wars. If your PA and another PA agrees to fight a PA war, then both sides will pretty much act as if they were different sides of the Galactic Civil War (see above). These conflicts are often short termed, from hours to a day or two (although longer conflicts can be started, but can get tedious). There is little (almost nil) to win with a PA war, it is mostly a community thing, either for the RP aspect or just for the fun of duking it out to see who's the baddest PA on the block.

3) Challanges. These are 1 on 1 affairs, started simply by walking over to you victim and challange him/her. The challangée then get to either decline, or make the first attack, thereby starting a duel. To the death!

4) Battlefields. Think of these more as sessions of a FPS, especially like Battlefield 1942, where the combat zone is spawned, everyone in the area gets to choose a side, and then fight a battle, with npc troopers, vehicles (like AT-ST's), turrets, bases and all of the things that you'd expect from a battle. When you die, you can't go back in until the battle is over. Again, a victory will grant you faction points. Here, you can also use faction points to command troops and vehicles, build turrets etc.

5) (this one I'm not sure it's still in, though) free-for-all zones. Simply put, areas where everyone's a valid target. There has been a lot of requests of making arenas in some towns that are free-for-all, where you could pay to enter, and the last one standing get's the pot. No, not that pot.

So you see, there's a lot of ways to play PvP, and the best part is that it is just as easy to avoid PvP. This should make both sides of the PvP vs. PvE argument happy.

EDIT: the reason why some people think of PvP'ers as twelve-year old losers is because in games where you can attack anyone, especially people way less powerful then you, a lot of griefers (especially twelve-year old losers, or losers with the brain capacity of a twelve-year old loser) used their powers to kill players who simply had no chance to defend themselves. That's why PvP'ers, to this day, has a bad reputation.

Exactly. When PvP is done well, and that means that noone is involve that doesn't want to, it can be mighty fun. And no, I didn't say that all PvPers are immature fools, I just pointed out one of the reasons why a lot of players thinks so. Really, some of the worst griefers are PvPers. But that's nothing you can be put responsible for, is it? :)

Archived