Home

ok i am havening a BIg problem with my map

skiner

ummm ok i have textures taht arnt custom and came on other maps and not every 1 has thoses other maps so i how do i take the textures and put it in my map when i go to make it so i can send the map in every 1 can see the textures on my map?some 1 please help

I would also use punctuation from time to time if I were you.

Just kidding.

Put the textures in the appropriate folder in the texture folder in your pk3 file.

Example: You got the texture “cool_floor1” from the texture set “badmamjama”. Put a folder called “badmamajama” with the file “cool_floor1.jpg” in the folder called “textures” in you pk3 file.

errrr there is noting about puting textures so every 1 can see them there unless i am missing some thing cuse i read the whole thing

and is badjamaj represent the map name

i am still confused this is my second time makeing a map

This is a direct quote from that RichDiesal tutorial I linked you to. I've underlined the part you need to pay attention to:

Any file that you created that's not in the regular release of JK2 needs to be dragged into the appropriate folder. Open up your GameData/base folder in a separate window and drag each file you want included into the appropriate folder in Pakscape. For the most basic MP map, this will include maps/yourmap.bsp, maps/yourmap.nav, levelshots/yourmap.jpg, and scripts/yourmap.arena. If you are going to release a MP map publicly, also never release your map until you have Bot Support. A full explanation of bot routing can be found in the Level Distribution 230 class.

That also applies to files that you may not have created but someone else did (from those other maps you talked about). If you can't understand this, I'm not sure anyone else can help you, because that's as simple an explanation as it gets.

"badmamjama" represents the name you had to pick to see the textures in radiant (like under the texture menu.) this could also be the map name of the map you are borrowing the textures from, but they might have named their texture folder different.

Like in a map I did the map was called “unchallenged_mt.bsp”, the pk3 file was called “unchallenged_mt.pk3” but if you wanted to see the custom textures I did while you were in radiant you would have to pick "ioshee" under the texture menu. This is because I put a folder called "ioshee" under the “textures” folder in the base folder while I was editing, and subsequently put a folder called "ioshee" under the textures folder in my pk3 file for distribution. This “ioshee” folder had all the jpeg files I created. I guess I should ask if you are able to see the textures in radiant and apply them to surfaces.

If this still doesn’t make sense I understand. Just keep asking until I explain it right. I really don’t mind:)

ok that helps a little but i just looked threw every where lets say i took some textures form the new Rpg map Rpg commnure and i wanted to put them in my map (wich i did) but not every 1 has downloaded that map so not every 1 can see the textures you see what i am getting at?

Archived