Home

Somewhat of a re-welcome

JofaGuht

Well just wanted to say that i'm back from not posting. I was gone for like three and a half months because of poster's block.

A war has started and where is your judgmental opinionated liberal jerk when you need him the most? gone. but he's back, with the same residents avatar, the same film opinions and the same hypertension disorder as before.

Originally posted by JofaGuht

where is your judgmental opinionated liberal jerk when you need him the most?

Tell me about it! And what the fuck became of that goddamn infamous Liberal media bias?! The one time I would have cheered it on as it made itself useful (i.e. exposing Georgie Jnr as the raging dumb-dumb that he is) and what happens? It shoves its head up its ass and disappears in a gulp of patriotism! Grrr%$@!!!

What? There was a liberal media? I didn't know that. How come nobody told me about this?

Okay i'm kidding. But speaking of that, how did Dennis Miller get so conservative?

Patriotism...the love of a part of the endless land...with some lines to show it. The great land that was given to us by...um...spiritual stuff is all like sectioned off and those sections are so important to us we'll change our behavior over it and even go to war over it. (Well, "we" won't, but we're saying "we" because the representatives of that specific section we feel are also representing "us"...that and "we" is basically a poetic expression of patriotism.) Also people can hate other sections (based on those few representatives)and basically saying "Hey, we don't like you because you roam over there. All the people over there are dumb." or "The way people act over there is the wrong way to act." (Don't get me wrong, the diversity of culture and ethnicity is very important, but not important when it comes to "The cool people are on this side of the invisible line.")......Okay, look, I know that last thing didn't make any sense, but go along with me here. I'm just questioning the irony of reality and how things turned out after 350,000 some odd years. This is the sort of stuff I think about in class when I'm bored(the school system is another thing to question reality about, how all these things came about, and the rules of school, and especially how students create their own system of dividing social classes--the popular kids and the unpopular kids--that's extremely ironic and funny...) And also as you stare out and wonder what the hell I'm on, it brings up the strange system of logic and what makes sense and what doesn't. Who decided that and why? Discuss amongst yourselves in the proper American communication system.

Okay, shut up. It makes sense in my head. I blame the English dictionary. That's the boundary keeping me from expressing my thoughts.....anyway....

The first meaning of "patriotism" meant "going against the government". Well, it meant being against the British government at the time of the colonies, but still now it's a pretty ironic leap to what it means now.

Do YOU know your history?

The teacher asked her

5th grade class, "Who said,

'Give me liberty or give me death!'?"

No one raised his hand except

little Yaki Nasu, who answered,

"Patrick Henry, 1775."

"Very good!" she said.

"Who said,

'Government of the people,

by the people, for the people,

shall not perish from the Earth'?"

Again, no response,

except from Yaki Nasu

who answered, "Abraham Lincoln

in the Gettysburg Address, 1863."

The teacher said, "Class, you should

be ashamed. Yaki Nasu, who is new

to our country, knows more about

its history than you do."

She heard a loud whisper,

"Screw the Japs."

"Who said that?" she demanded.

Yaki Nasu put his hand up,

"Lee Iacocca, 1982."

One student in the back blurted out,

"I'm gonna puke."

Again, Yaki Nasu answers,

"George Bush to the

Japanese Prime Minister, 1991."

Now furious, another student yells,

"Oh yeah? Suck this!"

Yaki Nasu jumps out of his chair

waving his hand

and shouts to the teacher,

"Bill Clinton

to Monica Lewinsky, 1997!"

Now, with almost a mob hysteria,

someone said, "You little ****.

If you say anything else,

I'll kill you!"

Yaki Nasu frantically yells

at the top of his voice,

"Gary Condit to Chandra Levy, 2001."

The teacher fainted.

As the class gathered around

the teacher on the floor,

someone said,

"Oh, ****; we're in BIG trouble!"

Yaki Nasu solemnly said,

"Arthur Andersen to Enron, 2002."

• 4 weeks later...

God it sucks getting stuck in the doorway of the Blue Casket. Glottis and I have something in common now....

Anyway, on this subject. I wasn't here when this self-proclaimed "judgemental opinionated liberal" was spewing whatever judgemental opinionated liberal posts he may have posted but knowing that there are still judgemental opinionated liberals out there warms my little heart (despite the fact that I haven't had a cardiac system in something close to 300 years). That Yaki Nasu story was extremely clever. She's been listening in on more conversations than you'd think....

And I thought I was sleazy (gulp) maybe it's mid-death crisis.

-Hector

I'm still here, spewing judgemental opinionated liberal statements...just not as often....With what's going on right now, I'm overcome with freethinking, and is so overwhelemed I can't say any of it....BUT STILL PRETTY FRIKIN PISSED OFF ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS....i posted the Jessica Lynch Scheme thread up here and has been raking my mind into anger for a while....but other than that, I've stopped ranting, not a thing I want to say.....you dirty tyranic facist.

:D Gendo no unfortunately

i did not make this one up.

Yaki Nasu is actually the name of

a Japanese grilled eggplant dish.

(since my name is eggplant)

;) and am I the clever 'she?'

or is 'yaki nasu?'

at any rate check your profiles.

unles someone changed mine

I am still a male eggplant.

but I might look cute in a dress

I will have to try;