Home

Stuck (cairn_assembly)

NOHAB-GM

Hi there!

I have played this great game (single player) for some weeks now and I'm finally really stuck in cairn_assembly. It is in the room with the third red-glowing console - when activated by the enemy, Karn is being captured. (The room is after the reactors that are placed in the water.) It is impossible to shoot down the dude that activates the console, because he is in a cage that is surrounded by a transparent material that is impossible to penetrate. In this room, I can switch off the light, and it remains off for some seconds before it turns on again. Whatever I try to do in that room, I get captured. Is it something that should be done with the "walking metal box" that is located adjacent to the light switch?

Another question, I have tried but failed to open the command console in the game (PC). It is suggested that one shall hold down the Shift and ~¨to bring up the command console, but it does not work for me.

Cheers from Norway!:fett:

I played on the Xbox, but I believed it's the same in this case.

[EDIT] I didn't notice you said Cairn Assembly. The situation you describe sounds exactly like a later level. I have edited the post to hide possible spoilers if you aren't at Cairn Dock. Sorry if I did spoil.

You'll want to crouch(and stay crouched) as soon as you drop off the ledge and down to the floor. And of course you don't want to have your saber out. You have to make it through the door on the other side of the room. Stay crouched until that door closes behind you.

After turning off the lights, quickly get to the wall farthest from the Officer in the booth. Drop down and stay near that wall until you get close to the door.

You can try using speed, but I think the best way is to stop between the rows of lighted displays, and mind trick the Officer who is walking toward you down the middle, and the one standing at the console array to the left. Using the Light Amplification Goggles makes things much easier. The droid up top will charge your batteries if you press the "use" key near it.

[/EDIT]

I can't offer any help with the console problem.

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You use mindtrick on the imperial behind the glass. Walk up close to the glass, its ok if he sees you, when you put your crosshairs on him you should see the spinning blue circle indicating a forcepower is needed. Hit mindtrick and he will open the door for you.

Check it out Picture

Where in Norge? I have been to Bodo several times.

• 2 weeks later...

Spoiler!!!

After turning off the lights, quickly get to the wall farthest from the Officer in the glass booth. Drop down and stay near that wall until you get close to the door.

You'll want to crouch(and stay crouched) as soon as you drop off the ledge and down to the floor. And you don't want to have your saber out. You have to make it through the door on the other side of the room. Stay crouched until that door closes behind you.

You can try using speed, but I think the best way is to stop between the rows of lighted displays, and mind trick the Officer who is walking toward you down the middle of the room, and the one standing at the console array to the left. Using the Light Amplification Goggles makes things much easier. The droid up top will charge your batteries if you press the "use" key near it.

Archived