Home

Lack of women in SWG

Xx_Patman_xX

Massive Attacks second album is called 'Protection', and the first song on the album is also 'protection'. The guest singer is Tracey Thorn, that skinny girl from Everything But The Girl. It is a very good song, from a very good album, from a very good band. The album 'Mezzanine' is the best IMO, and sadly, their newly released album is not nearly close. The song you have is most propably a remix, or a live recording, since there is neither any song or album called Angel Dust.

EDIT: though, Portishead is better! :p

It starts out with something I cannot understand, but then it goes like this with a woman singing:

"...but you don't believe anyone can help her. She's doin' so much harm, doin' so much damage, that you dont want to get involved. You tell her she could manage, and you can't change the way she feels, but you could put your arms around her. I know you want to live, yourself. But could you forgive yourself, if you left her just the way you found her?

I stand in front of you, to take the force of the blow.

Protection.

She stands in front of you to take the force of the blow. Protection.

You're a boy and I'm a girl, but you can put your arm around me. And I don't have a fear... I'll take on any man here... If that's not the way it should be.

I stand here in front of you to take the force of the blow. Protection.

She stands here in front of you to take the force of the blow. Protection.

She's a girl and you're a boy. And sometimes you look so small... You've got a baby of your own. And when your baby's grown... She'll be the one to catch you when you fall.

I stand here in front of you to take the force of the blow. Protection.

I stand in front of you to take the force of the blow..............

She stands here in front of you to take the force of the blow. Protection. I stand here in front of you to take the force of the blow. Protection."

Is this the same? Or is it different?

I really hope they make the character creation as diverse as they possibly can! :) . But they do not need to take it to an extreme.

Personally (im new to the whole msg board scene) my input on women not playing online games is us guys. The maturity level sometimes can hit rock bottom. I mean if I was a girl I wouldn't want to get pm'ed 100 times being asked to "cyber". I would reckon id get kind of annoying. :confused:

I get you bro, the poor girls I know who play counter-strike and quake 3 online spend so much time telling us fellas that no, thier not available, and yes, I am hot, and no, I dont have a thing for little fat men. Its sad, maybe if the stereotype for hardcore video gamers wasnt limited to lazy college kids and little bald men ( no offence, my dad is bald) I bet us gamers would see alot more ladies playin ;)

I agree with you, little brother. Before I wiped my info on my ICQ and AIM accounts, I checked 'male', just to avoid the gazillion of stupid guys out there.

But let's compare the PC gaming scene with consoles. Now, there's a HUGE difference. To play on a console, you don't have to know how to install software, and even less how to apply cooling silicon paste to your overclocked processor. You just put the game in, and play. Also, the controls are often simplistic, and easy to learn. The games are also easier to get into. These things makes a supreme difference, I know a lot of girls who wouldn't say no to a game of Tetris Attack, Final Fantasy or Soul Calibur 2, while I can't say that for Civilization, Battlefield 1942 or Morrowind. If the female audience is ever to be reached, people have to sit down and think about why things are as they are.

Archived