Home

New Mod!

][nfern0

Below if some info on a very funky new MOD

The overall project had been named "MetaMod" however in its current build its been nick named "BY MOD" and thus "BY MOD" is the game type shown in the base dir and what not. For your convenience you can find the full release notes here

http://jk2metamod.2ya.com/ReleaseNotes%20-%200.2.2.rtf

I should also mention at this point the mod is totally server side, no ugly downloads or issues with compatibility

The above will clearly show the in and outs of the mod, below I have tried to highlight the main features.

* In Game Ranking system - The ability not only to have a rank assigned based on relative player abilities and quality of the victory, but also a chance to stake your claim on the in game leader board!

* Kick Limitation - A cvar which allow's to you set the amount of kicks before your kick damage is dropped to 0 (default setting 2)

* Betting - The ability to risk some of your hard earned points (on which your rank is based) with another player willing to do the same.

* Instakick - Either of the 2 combatants can challenge the other to an instakick match, a one kick one death mode. This can be either declined or accepted at will (like a duel in ffa) Each user can also request a no kick match.

Multi duel - This, for all intents and purposes turns a FFA server into a mass dueling arena. The server can have as many duels taking place simultaneously as the maxclient limit permits. It also denies the ability to hurt/kill other users outside of duel mode. The benefits seem endless, no more waiting for other users to finish duels and added bonus of the ranking and kick limit features highlighted above. A true stroke of genius on the developers behalf in my honest opinion.

If you wish to have a go on the servers supporting the mod you can do so here.

bygames.com Jedi Knight II #06 [Duel] [Metamod] 194.117.138.240:28071

bygames.com Jedi Knight II #07 [Multi-Duel] [no force] 194.117.138.240:28070

Regards.

Martin aka 4J.][nfern0

Archived