Home

Haven't Played in a While / Have a Few Questions

Hooker

I just came back to Jedi Knight II after putting it down sometime just before the 1.04 patch came out. I didn't so much mind the game back in the 1.02 days as I could fairly easily deal with the DFA spamming. However, the backstab stuff I just couldn't muster the energy up to learn how to combat it.

I'm still using 1.02 but I've gotta believe that 1.04 has a much larger playerbase. So, to all of you that use that version, can you give me a little info on what the combat is usually like? Is there still people using one heavily overpowered attack or are things pretty balanced now?

EDIT: Also, how big is the playerbase for the 1.04 version? THere are usually only a handful of games that show up for 1.02.

Originally posted by Hooker

I just came back to Jedi Knight II after putting it down sometime just before the 1.04 patch came out. I didn't so much mind the game back in the 1.02 days as I could fairly easily deal with the DFA spamming. However, the backstab stuff I just couldn't muster the energy up to learn how to combat it.

I'm still using 1.02 but I've gotta believe that 1.04 has a much larger playerbase. So, to all of you that use that version, can you give me a little info on what the combat is usually like? Is there still people using one heavily overpowered attack or are things pretty balanced now?

EDIT: Also, how big is the playerbase for the 1.04 version? THere are usually only a handful of games that show up for 1.02.

Far larger player base...

Not balanced....

Wait till someone spams you with a million rockets in about 2 seconds thanks to exploits, then you'll KNOW you're having fun!

Don't see a WHOLE lot of move spamming but its there.

basejk = no good

Go find a mod you like with a decent sized community. Beings that you are used to a handful of servers anyway, this shouldn't be a problem. I play OmniMod on servers where forms are disabled and people dont use the the dual or dual bladed sabers much.

Oh, sorry. I forgot to mention, I almost always just play servers with Sabers Only on. I do like weapon-based games from time to time, but if I want a full gunfight online, I usually just go with UT2k3 or Counter-Strike.

Anyway, purely in terms of saber and force, how does 1.02 and 1.04 compare?

Also, thanks for the information you did provide.

Originally posted by Hooker

Oh, sorry. I forgot to mention, I almost always just play servers with Sabers Only on. I do like weapon-based games from time to time, but if I want a full gunfight online, I usually just go with UT2k3 or Counter-Strike.

Anyway, purely in terms of saber and force, how does 1.02 and 1.04 compare?

Also, thanks for the information you did provide.

They both have serious issues. 1.04 just has more people.

In a Saber only Game I would say the biggest used move would be pull kick... and if they are getting cocky pull kick saber throw.

The first takes a little time to learn how to counter, the second ummmm ahhhhhhh any of you Good players out there able to help me on that one!! well i think rolling to the side can help you not get hit, but not 100% sure on that.

BTW some (not very many ) servers some times run with Back Stab on, the best way to counter it.. Absorb a must, and if you see that unskilled player walking back wards, saber thow or just kick the little runt.

Well there's almost NO move spamming, in my opinion. I enjoy saber fights more than in 1.02 etc. It's just that red stance *still* makes duels / saber fights more boring.

The forcepowers are tweaked a lot, and drain is only usefull in a couple of situations now. You can turn on absorb almost indefinately :rolleyes:

Ah well, I like the game anywayz!

Originally posted by JaledDur

basejk = no good

Go find a mod you like with a decent sized community. Beings that you are used to a handful of servers anyway, this shouldn't be a problem. I play OmniMod on servers where forms are disabled and people dont use the the dual or dual bladed sabers much.

I don't completely agree with the basejk = no good. It is definitely an improvement over 1.03, and I think it is pretty fun overall. Yes, there are some exploits (pull/kick, pull/throw, and so on), but a lot of these appear in mods anyway. I'd say I like basejk 1.04 for what it doesn't have. Like tons of emotes which encourage everyone to sit around and spout "saber off = peace!". Also, it doesn't allow you to have the double-bladed lightsaber, which to me is a good thing. Mods that enable it and where everyone is using it is annoying, at least to me.

Ultimately, you should be able to find servers that suit your playing preferences. Also, after you install the 1.04 patch, you can play on most mod servers anyway, along with the basejk. So having lots of games to choose from isn't an issue.

Originally posted by Prime

I don't completely agree with the basejk = no good. It is definitely an improvement over 1.03, and I think it is pretty fun overall. Yes, there are some exploits (pull/kick, pull/throw, and so on), but a lot of these appear in mods anyway. I'd say I like basejk 1.04 for what it doesn't have. Like tons of emotes which encourage everyone to sit around and spout "saber off = peace!". Also, it doesn't allow you to have the double-bladed lightsaber, which to me is a good thing. Mods that enable it and where everyone is using it is annoying, at least to me.

Ultimately, you should be able to find servers that suit your playing preferences. Also, after you install the 1.04 patch, you can play on most mod servers anyway, along with the basejk. So having lots of games to choose from isn't an issue.

I couldn't agree more about basejk having an advantage in that it does NOT have a bunch of emotes and the dual bladed saber/dual sabers/dual dual bladed sabers (LOL gawd). But I still think that basejk is no good because all the little issues just add up. In my opinion, Omnimod with its forms, dual sabers, and emotes, all disabled, is near perfect for my purposes (which would be lightsaber FFA/TFFA/duels).

Archived