Home

Saga 2.0

Note, though, that the objective is completed as soon as you pick up the item.

Actually, that was exactly what I was looking for...

Most of the objectives in Dark Forces are very much like #1 on your list: "flip three switches then proceed to the exit/dustoff point...", or just "survive through the level..."

So the objective types you listed might work great for this.

Your idea of destroying specific items as an objective is a good one. And shouldn't be too difficult. I'll look into that...

The "SAGA Specifications" thread seemed to indicate that this was the only type of objective - which is clearly not the case - so it looks like we may have at least three different types, which is great!!!

Have a play around on the Anchorhead map if you haven't already. It'll give you a much better idea of what i'm talking about. Although be warned - it's a big old map. You'll have to spend some time searching around for the objectives... :/

I'll try to find it and download it. This sounds very interesting, so I'd like to try it out!

Originally posted by wudan

Just to keep everybody posted, the 2 kinds of objectives we want to work out are:

1. Destroyables that can't just be blown up with rockets

2. Go get X Item, take to Waypoint Y

OK, now I'm a little confused here...

Does this mean these are the only ones that are (or will be) available, or are these just ones that you want to add/fix?

Me and Wudan were talking in ICQ and we were just discussing these two objectives in particular.

That's not the full spec I want to achieve for the eventual implemtation - that was the list I put in the second post.

But those two Wudan just mentioned will probably be the first ones we work on I guess...

The destroyables idea is basically things like walls and barriers which can be blown up to create an easier route to your main objective(s)...

Archived