Home

Bryce5 & sky boxes

reaper1576

That's funny I was just trying to do a skybox with Bryce yesterday. I'll warn you that all was well until I tried to do a render of the "up" portion. Maybe I was doing something wrong, but when I pointed my camera directly 90 degrees to the sky, the sky itself would not render.

Post back if you find any good tutorials and I will do the same. I found loads of tutorials using "terragen", and you can probably apply the concepts to Bryce (except for that one pesky problem above).

Here's one at 007's site:

http://mapping.jediknightii.net/tutorials.htm

-clu

Actually I made a skybox in Bryce. Very tricky can be to set the camera properly.

But clu, funny thing, that if you set 90 for pitch (X or Z) it means downwards. The negative values will turn the camera upwards.

And it is not enough if you set the camera FOV to 90°. For a 512x512 skybox you need to set the Scale to 72%. But for a 1024x1024 you have to set it to 72.70%, maybe more finer setting is needed.

if you set 90 for pitch (X or Z) it means downwards. The negative values will turn the camera upwards

Yep, it must have been -90 (it was pointing up in the view window) but I just got kind of a saturated blue when I rendered. Your zoom comment explains that perfectly. I'm going to try your advice and see what occurs, thanks Leslie.

yeah i remember when i used to use it a lot it was a bit of a pain in the AXX

I agree. The ironic thing about Bryce is that it is sort of meant for novices but it's got to have the most un-intuitive interface I've ever seen (pretty rendered balls and arrows...give me some text!!!).

-clu

Originally posted by clu

I agree. The ironic thing about Bryce is that it is sort of meant for novices but it's got to have the most un-intuitive interface I've ever seen (pretty rendered balls and arrows...give me some text!!!).

yeah dont tell me about it the interface is so retarded well it is getting on noe but its also very powerfull once you know what your doing i have see some realy nice renderd land scapes

Archived