Home

Best RTS game?

Lord JayVizIon

What is your most favorite RTS game you've ever played...  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What is your most favorite RTS game you've ever played...

• Starcraft/Broodwar
    • RA2
    • AoK/TC
    • Homeworld
    • Shogun
    • Other (Please list)

Well can I have a three way tie? SC just is fun. A balanced (kinds) well thought out game.

Homeworld is a unique, 3d space RTS, that imo had great controls for the type of game it is.

Shogun, I only played the Demo version but it rocked! I love marching my japanese army into battle! Just the clanging of the swords and the fleeing of the enemy as I kill every last one of them is enough to play that game! Hmmm....I might actually go out and buy the whole game now :)

Originally posted by Darth_Rommel

Have you ever played AOK before, Kvan? Are you gonna buy GB? :confused:

I have played AoK before....not very much at all though. Yeah I am going to buy GB. Why do you ask? :confused:

Guest Lord Tirion

I voted for the Age of Empire series. The only HUGE draw back are all the jerks that are on the zone who act like they have the hugest ego and are 10 years old and dont know what a game is about. I remember when the zone use to be a really fun place. But now, nobody really wants to go there anymore but the little kiddies. I hope SWGB can bring back the fun like the zone use to be when aoe first came out. All we have now are sysops who dont do squat, people who flood the damn chat area and little kids acting like they own the world. Someday this world will grow up =)

Guest Gamma732

Judging from my avatar, which do you think I voted for? ;)

Anyway, SC's one of my all time favorite games. Its one of the most balanced RTS's I've ever played. Its the most diverse RTS I've ever played. And most of all, its online Battle.net service is the best multiplayer service I've used. It was (relatively) fast, and easy to find a game with someone of similar skill to me, because of the records.

I'll agree with you guys about the zone going downhill of late, however, I haven't encountered many kids lately. My AOK games on the zone were usually very short. Either I'd destroy my opponent in minutes or vice versa. They need some form of a record keeping system.

RA2 and the entire C&C series are the mothers of all modern rts's. If it wasn't for C&C then most of the games on the list wouldn't be there.

Anyways, i never playd on the zone much, a little jk and a little XWA is all i've ever done.

Originally posted by Lord JayVizIon

well actually, dune was the mother of all common rts games. if i'm not mistaken, it preceded warcraft II and C&C.

but you're rite gamma, so far SC is the most innovative RTS game i've ever played. i'm still waiting for my copy of RA2, and of course, swgb....

Ah, but what i meant by that was not it came first, but that it totally revolutionized the genrre into what it is today.

Archived