Home

Difference between model, skin, bot, mod

cmad

In http://www.jediknightii.net, I've seen quiet a few different categories for appr. the same thing. These categories are: Skins, Models, BOTs (and MODs, but I think it is MODEL abreviated). But what's the difference between a Skin, a Model and a BOT. A first thought is: a Model can be the player too, but a BOT can be the computer only. As for the skin, I don't have a clue...

Any help would be great!

Chris:D

Player model: a 3D object that represents the character's shape in JK2 (or any 3D game).

Skins: The textures that are applied to the 3D object, different color schemes and details can be added, which cannot be done using polygons alone (or would result in your computer being choked up by a higher amount of polys).

Sometimes people re-skin the character to better suit their needs, thus creating a variation or new character based on the same 3D object.

Bot: Computer controlled player models.

MODS: They are modifications of the multi player code (maybe SP some day), so you can have different animations, stances, resizable characters...and a bunch of improved stuff by the JK2 community (mostly coders).

Hope this helps.

Archived