Home

Artillery - Huh. What is it good for?

When I'm playing GB multi or single player I notice that my opponents usually resort to artillery instead of pummels, which I believe are more powerful and can get the job done a lot quicker. So what uses do artillery have that I'm missing? The only benefit I see out of using them is the fact that they can attack units, but I don't see how that really makes them better than pummels since if something's attacking them, it's usually close range and they can't attack them.

Artillery is basically more powerful in large groups while pummels are weaker. Pummels need to close in which leaves them vulnerable to melee units that can easily destroy them while they are far from back up. Remember however that artillery must be used in large groups in order to be effective.

Plus, they're good to take out AA turrents on an Island map. People always make crap loads of AA turrents, but they forget about the ships. I just send in cruisers and take out the AA. Then send in the bombers fighters with my pitiful army...

Wook art - one of the orrigional dominant DM strats, caused LA to take 1 range point off wookie artillery with forest vision

massive amounts of artillery and grenadiers + reps

the art kills most all mechs except assaults which the grenadiers deal with fairly easy, it outranged the other arts, and basically took everything else out of the game... backed up by AA mobiles it was nearly unbeatable... and also very cheep

Archived