Home

Anybody see the new Lord of the Rings Trailer?

Guest Lord Tirion

Guest Lord Tirion

Doh my bad. Here is the link that was on the Nexsis forum:

http://tirion2.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=lotr&action=display&num=1001453281

That should bring you to the forum post with the links to the versions of the trailer on the official site I think.

I am wondering what all the fuss is about the Balrog. Is it because people want to see what it looks like? I hear people left and right saying how 'badass' it was in the book but it was a joke. The fight lasts no more than 3 secs (no exageration) and then when Gandalf tells about his battle with it, it was mostly the Balrog running away from him from deep below back to the Mines of Moria. If they make the Balrog like the ones from the Diablo game, then it should be really kewl =)

I don't think its how Balrogs fight but how intimadating they are gonna look.

One of them did take on Gandalf and nealy finished him, so they actually have to be pretty damn tough. :)

Originally posted by darthfergie

Hey can you just post a link here so I don't have to go to the other forum...I didn't notice a new one was out...must see since I've read those books a million and five times:D

Gee fergie, are you just a little lazy today? ;)

It gives you a link one post down on the boards :)

Here http://www.apple.com/trailers/newline/fellowship_of_the_ring/

Lazy??? Aren't I always:D

Thanks for the link Kvan I've downloaded it and will look at it soon:)

Already? Your not on a 56K are you? :(

Not even close...

I have a top of the line cable modem:D

I figured you'd have DSL or Cable modem.

Does anyone know of another site ti d/l it from? Its not allowing Getright to d/l it and there is NO way I'm d/l without it on my weak 50K connection!

Originally posted by EndSub

Balrogs ARE bad-ass....while you don't see them to much in LOTR they were in heaps of wars "in the beggining" :)

Who thought it kinda sucked how they took Bombadil out? he was one of my favourite charecters...........

While he wasn't my favorite character, I didn't like how they changed it from the book like that. They really need to keep it in line with the book (I know its probably hard to do, but taking out an entire character is just wrong)

Guest Lord Tirion

They butchered the Balrog in the Ralph Bakshi animated version. Looked like the cowardly lion from the Wizard of Oz with a major flare up of hemroids.

yeah i am abit of a LOTR purist, so any change is a bad change :D

*SPOLIER BELLOW!!!!!!!!

they have also said they have made a "Major" change that they can't tell us about to the end.......if it is cutting out the scourging of the shire, bad things will happen......very bad things.......

its proberly cutting out everyone dieing though.......all the heros dieing at the end of a movieis kind of a downer ;)

*SPOLIER ABOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

:eek:

What say we take turns poking jesseg88 with pointy objects? ;)

:D *poke,poke*

Well he is entitled to his opinion. I wanna know how far you got in the book Jesseg88? I thought the first part of the book was boring but it got a lot better.

Guest Lord Tirion

Well wish me luck guys. I am on the last couple of chaps of my first Fantasy Novel of a 3 book series entitled "Talisman of the Phoenix". If this becomes big, Ill buy us all brand new pooters and we can play any games we want =)

Archived