Home

what the ...

Charmin Deluxe

.. plz help me ... i'm working on a skeleton model (the on in q3) for jk2 ... everthing works fine .. but after compiling and testing in gamethe model was completly .. hmm .. destroyed. first i thought it's an error i made at linking ... but after a 2. try the same result :(

ROFL.jpg

Looks like it might be a vertex weighting issue. Open up Max and look carefully at the parts of the model that seem seriously messed up. Chances are parts of your mesh may be weighted to the wrong bones. Example: some verticies on your right shoulder are weighted to your left shin...or something.

Then again, I could be totally wrong.

-clu

Looking at it I would have to agree with clu, it looks like a weighting problem...

Its probably easier to weight it from scratch, shouldn't take too long an hour max (well for my half arsed approach :D)

HapSlash noted that it could be an Xform issue which is definitely possible as well. The best way to find out is to just import your XSI back into Max to see if anything is out of place. If it is not, vertex weighting is probably the culprit.

If it's Xform, here's a thread that explains a decent way to fix it:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89580&highlight=xform

-clu

Archived