Home

A possible Way to Get SP source Code

jimclare1

Hey all, Ive been away from this game for months but recently i started playing it again, i noticed that the game is very simular to Elite Force, in terms of pk3 file structure and file type.

I was shocked to learn Elite force had released the SP source code, I red ages ago that some legal reason prevented the release of JK2 code, but that reason is no longer valid if they released it for elite force.

Also, at the moment im feeling Ambitious, in a day or 2 i will probobly realse its impossible, but im wondering could i somehow, merge the elite force SP Code, with certain parts of the JK2 multiplayer code (ie force powers, saber), thus creating a kinda hybrid code which would be effective as a JK2 source code??

id love to hear back from people about this#

Also im looking for a skin for xmens - Mystique, any ideas?

From what i understand, the JKII single player source wasn't released because they didn't use the VM source for it, like they did for the multiplayer version. If they were to release that source, they'd have to release the engine source along with it and they're not allowed to do that until ID gives them permission to.

If i'm looking at the same thing here, the Elite Force source code that was released is just the VM source, it's just like what was released for the multiplayer version of JKII. It won't compile into the executable.

So, to put it short, you couldn't do what you're thinking you could do with it.

Archived