Home

my skins don't work

Ixion_DLF

Well, I can only think of one thing, since you need the folders and files accecible unpacked while using the Modview perhaps you packed them wrong after that, messing up the path to the skin files so the game cant find em.

Make sure you pack them correctly.

Let us know if you need help making a .pk3:)

Leen

well I extracted the model i wanted to skin into my base directory. then i edited the jpeg files (keeping them as jpegs). i changed everything in the model_default file to the right path.

now, apparently they should work being in the new dir ni the models dir in the base folder, but they don't. i tried to pack them as pk3 but it changed nothing. the weird thing is, they work with the modview. i can view my skins with the modview program but can't play them, the other weird thing is that their icons are shown in the setup menu but not in a match.i have no clue what's wrong, have you?

IXN

Originally posted by Squater

Are you joining a server, or starting a new game? If you're joining a server, it's possible it's a pure server, wich means it only lets you use skins/models/and those stuff, that the server have. If you're joining, try making a new game.

of course i created a new server, i've been playin' the game for ages and now that kind of stuff. i just have no idea why my skins are shown in the setup-menu-skin selection but not in the game and also why they work with the modview.

maybe i can send one of my skins to someone how checks them out and tells me what's wrong with them.

would be great.

IXN

Archived